Junior Relationship Manager - Commercial Real Estate
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
Commercial Real Estate lending has been considered as a core Competency of the Bank for many years and has been active in the UK for almost 25 years. It provides debt finance to a wide range of professional "Institutional" & "Sovereign" investors in Real Estate from the UK, US and elsewhere. As one of the largest non-indigenous lenders, the team is considered to be a leader in the provision of finance in the UK & Ireland where we are now seeking to grow our activities.
The Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate team has a new opportunity for a Junior Relationship Manager to join the team. This opportunity will initially be based in Long Acre, Covent Garden but the team will be relocating to King William Street (City) in late 2018/early 2019.
The primary responsibilities of this entry level Relationship Manager role will be:
- To assist in the analysis and evaluation of new lending opportunities for the Bank in the UK and Irish real estate markets to support its valued client base;
- To support team members in managing and monitoring an assigned portfolio of loans; and
- Participate actively in team events and in-house training.
Primary functions/responsibilities will include
- Cash flow modelling to scrutinize income, debt serviceability and other key loan metrics.
- Preparation of deal summary memorandums to assist in pitching new opportunities to relevant credit and senior business side.
- Attending site visits to assess the real estate.
- Analysis of the financial creditworthiness of companies, typically tenants and borrowers.
- Monitor and analyse conditions in specific real estate market sectors or locations by drawing on both the internal research team's opinions and external market research commentary/data.
- Running internal models to assess transaction profitability and risk ratings.
- Preparing on-going loan monitoring reports on a periodic basis.
- Perform additional duties and/or project work as assigned.
Market Skills and Certifications
To be considered will be/have;
- Degree achieving at least 2.1
- Masters or higher level degree will be considered an advantage but is not essential.
- Possess good mathematical and written communication skills.
- Some real estate, asset backed lending, or other relevant credit / deal structuring experience
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues alike.
- Possess the ability to digest a range of information into succinct reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to numerous roles.
- Be able to work under pressure to complete tight deadlines.
- Cash flow, credit analysis & modelling skills
- Have an understanding of the industry with a real interest to learn more.
- Commercial and business acumen
- Professional persona
- Self-motivated, takes initiative on transactions & activities whilst also being a strong team player.
Back to top