Junior Operations Accountant
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
The Resolution and Recovery Plan require inter-affiliate relationships the following tasks need to occur: lending rollovers, arm's length transaction monitoring, liquidity monitoring, covenant compliance, credit underwriting, deal funding and legal agreements.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for retrieving and reviewing the maturity date listing of loans and upcoming maturity dates. For each approaching maturity date, the analyst will review the date of the most recent underwriting date, current lending limit and current utilization of the lending limit and based on this criteria determine if a new credit underwriting is required. The analyst will also reach out to the affiliate loan contacts to notify them of the upcoming rollover. Improves and updates payroll operations and controls, and maintains compliance with policy and/or law; recommends corrective actions as needed
- Review lending data and activity for items that may require fees, incremental charges or a cancelation of unused/undrawn commitment amounts. This review will review: over the limit amounts, frequent deal cancelations, violation of lending terms, any other deal specific terms. Guides resolution of payroll regulatory risks by applying understanding of current and new industry practices
- Review lending and activity data to calculate days funding remaining by reviewing on an absolute basis the typical and maximum daily funding requirement by entity over the preceding year
- Review lending and activity data to calculate covenant compliance for each of the affiliate lending relationships
- Review any affiliate relationship that requires credit underwriting and faciliatate the data gathering for that process. This includes extracting legal entity current and historical period financial statements, obtaining a description of current legal entity operations, future business plans, significant financial ratios and any additional information as requested by credit
- Review actions from the above mentioned tasks to facilitate deal funding. This includes canceling any existing deals, building new deals, preparing wire/ACH as applicable. Advises, coaches, and mentors analysts on assignments
- Review lending and ensure current, executed are in place for each action taken. This includes preparing distributing and filing termination agreements, new loan agreements, draw requests or equity contributions, dividends or any other action taken related to the steps listed
Market Skills and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Business or any related discipline (4 years)
- Candidate must have at least 6 months to 1 year f relevant experience in reviewing and researching activities, exemptions handling and spotting/correcting errors
- Candidate must have a solid background/experience in Securities/Accounting
- Background and understanding of the banking and financial domains is an advantage
- Candidate must be willing to work in McKinley Hill, Taguig
- Candidate must be willing to work on Mid-shift / Night shift
Internal only : Interested team members must have at least 12 months tenure in current role and not under current Corrective Action. Team members should inform their manager prior application for career coaching and consultation on how the position you have applied fits in your career development plan.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top