Java Developer / Applications Systems Engineer 4
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
From achieving sustainable homeownership, managing credit, purchasing a car to financing college, Wells Fargo Consumer Lending cares about our customers. Today, our diversified team provides home lending, auto loans, and student loans to more than 30 million customers. Every day we focus on providing guidance, advice and tools to assist our customers with making informed decisions for selecting the right products and services to satisfy their financial needs and help them succeed financially.
In this position as an Application Systems Engineer 4, you will provide technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications and programs. You will be involved in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. You will be responsible for supporting a specific LOB within Consumer Lending by developing new and/or enhanced functionality for the applications utilized by the LOB, as well monitoring and participating in production support and release and deployment activities.
The Applications Systems Engineer 4 (ASE 4) will be an integral part of the overall CORE team (CORE stands for Common Opportunities, Results and Experiences) in Consumer Lending Technology group within Enterprise Information Technology. CORE team is primarily focused in the development and support of loan origination and fulfillment platform for Wells Fargo Home Lending. This is an exciting group that is ever changing and growing focused on the development of next generation sales and fulfillment platform for origination and processing of home mortgage loans. In support of this significant undertaking, this position will be a key contributor in day to day hands on development efforts and production support activities.
This position will offer hands on experience to the entire end to end process, but the primary duties of this role will be in the development and maintenance of the key front end User Interfaces (UIs) in sales space, which are highly critical UIs for the Home Mortgage lending process. The ASE 4 role will work with technical leads, technical analysts, business analysts, and DBAs to evaluate business needs and help provide end-to-end technical solutions. This role will leverage industry (Java and J2EE) best practices to design, code, test, implement and support a multi-tier J2EE real estate lending solution.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions.
- Develops original and/or complex code or provides coding guidance to less experienced staff. Leads and/or performs modeling, simulations and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Participates in overall systems testing. Leads the migration of applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, participates in the development of department technical procedures and designs user guides.
- As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
- The ideal candidate for this role will be flexible and thrive in ambiguity. He or She must have the ability to adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
- Self-directed and self-motivated that they can seek out new efficient cost effective opportunities to promote growth and change.
- Must possess real world examples of improvement including what was the challenge, how the challenge was addressed, and why the approach was successful.
- Must be willing to leverage existing development best practices to drive measurable results within a program including:
- Reduced defect rates
- Increased development velocity
- Reduced code complexity and duplication
- Reduced rework and carryover
- Increased best practice utilization and reduced violations
This is a full time opportunity with a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package including a generous PTO program and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/ .
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- 2+ years of Hibernate experience
- 2+ years of Spring experience
- SQL experience
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) experience
- Design pattern experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Web Services
- Knowledge and understanding of technology software: development and life cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
Other Desired Qualifications
- Sound understanding on middleware using MQ/JMS concepts
- Experience using caching mechanism using java based technologies
- Experience using Quartz job/schedulers
- Experience using code quality tools like FindBugs or Sonar
- Experience using unit testing framework Jasmine and Karma for UI code, TestNG and PowerMockito for backend code
- Mortgage domain business knowledge a plus
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top