IT Audit Leader
The Enterprise Technology Audit Group focuses on conducting and coordinating audits of information technology throughout Wells Fargo, including audits of the Enterprise Information Technology Group, the group responsible for providing most of Wells Fargo’s core technology and support for line of business processes and products. The team also covers audits of the Enterprise Information Security group that provides products and services to equip Wells Fargo team members with the tools, knowledge and expert resources to protect Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and sensitive customer information.
The Information Security Audit Team is comprised of three sub-teams: Cybersecurity Tools and Engineering, Information Security Governance and Oversight, and Third Party Management. Key stakeholders include the Chief Information Security Officer, the Chief Risk Officer, and the Information Security leadership. Each team is seeking to fill an Audit Leader position. Key job responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Participates and leads execution of the audit process to conduct tests of internal cyber and information security controls. Exhibits an understanding of technical infrastructure and cybersecurity.
- Develops and applies effective project leadership skills pertaining to information technology and cybersecurity audit engagements regarding notification, task assignment and monitoring, project pacing and control.
- Leads audits that are generally small to moderate in size and complexity.
- Generally leads one audit at a time.
- Demonstrates knowledge in critical areas of technology including operating systems, networks, application processing environments, and information/cyber security.
- Demonstrates professional skepticism.
- Presents audit results in an objective and unbiased manner.
- Writes opinions that lead to logical conclusions.
- Escalates significant risks and loss exposures to the appropriate levels of management.
- Ability to travel as needed up to 25%.
4+ years of experience in one of the following: audit, technology risk management, information security, IT program management, technology governance, or availability management
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Risk or compliance experience
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology audit and risk management
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in Information Technology, IT Audit or Information Risk Management
- Must have experience within one of the following areas: Information security, IT governance, application security, cybersecurity, network and/or server security, security analysis and risk assessments, network architecture, IT infrastructure management for client/server environments or configuration compliance management.
Knowledge of information security management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ISO 2700x, ITIL, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls).
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top