Investment Portfolio Risk & Regulatory Project Manager
The Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio ("IP") comprises public and private investments for Principal Investments ("PI") and public investments for Treasury Investments ("TI"). With dual reporting to Wholesale (PI) and Treasury (TI), IP manages the portfolio of AFS and HTM investments. Principal Investments, a division of Wholesale Banking, is responsible for the evaluation of credit-driven investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of corporate bonds, notes, loans, Municipal bonds, CLOs and other asset backed securities. With a view towards long term holds, PI focuses on relative risk/reward by purchasing (and selling) at prices that enhance shareholder value and improve Wells Fargo's risk adjusted return on capital. As an extension of Wholesale's lending platform, PI applies the same depth of credit due diligence that other Wholesale lending divisions have historically applied to loan products. Accordingly, each investment is underwritten from the bottom up with thorough credit, structural, and legal analysis then monitored continuously until final repayment of principal.
- Support IP Regulatory Program manager with ongoing regulatory controls and reporting to include Volcker daily metric reporting, monthly Covered Funds reporting, quarterly system reconciliations with Inventory Master, and Volcker Program documentation maintenance (e.g. Trader Profiles, Trading Unit Realignment Forms, issue tracking and resolution)
- Coordinate derivative system static data and monitor processes to ensure accurate and timely swaps data repository reporting
- Develop system controls for Investment Portfolio static data (security master, inventory master, Calypso, Simcorp) to reconcile securities and derivative trade flow data integrity
- Monitor trade activity of the Investment Portfolio for compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements. Design and develop enhanced surveillance controls; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of procedures, processes and initiatives.
- Create, enhance and maintain desk procedures.
- Perform regular reviews of employee emails and other electronic communications using the ZL email surveillance system; train managers on IP email surveillance program.
- Partner with IP Compliance on issues as well as new policies and regulations, to include Reg W and Reg O daily transaction identification, monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute to and provide support for a wide range of projects and strategic initiatives to support derivative and hedge accounting programs.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 3+ years of leadership experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years program and or project management experience
- 5+ years of experience in the capital markets and investment banking industry with a focus on Risk Management
- Familiarity with asset classes: Corporate Bonds, Loans, Syndicated Loans, Notes, Municipal Bonds, Reinsurance and Tax Equity Investing
- An in depth knowledge of the trading platforms and reporting tools to effectively support the complexities of all the legal entities and products
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations to include the Volcker Rule, Regulation W, Regulation O, 12 CFR 1, and Bank Holding Company Act. Proven ability to learn new regulations and apply to specific business situations.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0002183 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top