Investment Portfolio Analytics Consultant 4
Let’s talk about you
You have a proven track record of success but you’re looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you’ll find that opportunity. You’ll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Let’s talk about us
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) strives to help its clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment solutions managed by specialized investment teams and backed by superior, collaborative service. WFAM’s investment approach centers on autonomous investment teams that maintain their own independent research, idea-generation, and decision-making processes. Its independent investment risk management approach provides a consistent, unbiased framework for analyzing and balancing risk in portfolios. WFAM offers the expertise of over 29 investment teams—each focused on specialized, niche portfolio management strategies—to meet the diverse needs of our clients.
Let’s talk about the job
Monitor, analyze and recommend resolutions to risk management processes and issues. Ensure escalation and timely resolution of investment risks. Perform monitoring and testing of investment compliance, business processes, and policies as required to achieve risk-management standards. Assess portfolio risk exposures, understand benchmark characteristics.
- Assess investment eligibility, monitor compliance with fund investment guidelines, and resolve portfolio exceptions/investment breaches
- Report material investment breach issues and ensure timely escalation and resolution
- Perform annual due diligence of the outsourced investment compliance process and system
- Perform and/or review daily market, credit, counterparty, liquidity and operational risks calculations, and escalate non-compliance to senior management
- Create and deliver risk management reports senior management and Board
- Monitor investment risk metrics, VaR calculations, and assess back/stress tests and other portfolio risk measures
- Annually update and file the Risk Management Process and supporting policies and procedures
- Participate in and lead sections of delegated functional reviews and vendor oversight
- Support product development initiatives through reviews of investment strategy, guidelines, and offering documents
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and build effective networks to ensure the application of best practices
- Fully cooperate with and respond to inquiries from internal and external auditors and regulators
- Participate in the implementation of regulatory requirements impacting the risk function
- Participate in projects involving the risk function
- Participate in the creation and/or review of risk management policies
One position is available in San Francisco or Menomonee Falls, WI.
- 7+ years of investment management experience
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
Other Desired Qualifications
- Masters degree in risk management, financial analysis or mathematics
- Extensive continuing professional training
- Substantial investment risk management and/or compliance experience
- Good knowledge of liquid and illiquid assets (loans, infrastructure debt, etc.)
- Knowledge of Factset and/or RiskMetrics a plus
- Extensive knowledge of investment regulations, risk metrics, and risk measurement applications
- Ability to independently evaluate issues and make sound business decisions with minimal oversight
- Effective communicator with ability to explain risk issues clearly and succinctly to others
- Strong interpersonal and team skills and ability to build solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Manages time effectively to consistently deliver against targets
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to formulate commercially sound recommendations often under conditions of uncertainty
- Ability to take initiatives in terms of documentation and data management
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0071320 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top