Investment Manager Research Analyst
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Investment Institute (WFII) is part of WIM and a registered investment adviser and wholly-owned subsidiary of Wells Fargo & Company, providing investment research guidance, strategy, manager research, portfolio solutions and thought leadership within the Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) division, with the goal of supplying world class advice to the company's financial and wealth advisers. WFII provides investment advice to Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Wells Fargo Advisors and other Wells Fargo affiliates.
Global Manager Research (GMR) is a critical business in WFII and charged with recommending and overseeing third party managers for Wells Fargo Advisors, Wealth Management, Retirement and Abbot Downing. This position is responsible for helping lead the recommendation process for separately managed accounts, mutual funds, exchange traded products (ETPs), and offshore funds through the implementation of a disciplined due diligence process designed to improve the probability of a better investment outcome for clients of Wells Fargo.
- Performing initial and ongoing due diligence on third-party investment products
- Asset class research, which includes maintaining a high-conviction list of products in the assigned asset classes
- Supporting field investment professionals by responding to their inquiries about the recommendations and/or selection methodology used on products under coverage
- Drafting communications to the field. Examples of communications include changes in money manager rating, manager updates and topical white papers
- Performing risk analysis on third-party investment products using Wells Fargo's trademarked and patented RiskOptics® model
- Delivering presentations related to the activities of GMR to internal team members as well as occasionally to field investment professionals and their clients
- 2+ years of advanced asset analysis experience
- 3+ years of investment experience
- A bachelor degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or demonstrated progress toward the designation
- 2+ years of experience performing qualitative and quantitative analysis, including statistical and performance analytics on investments
- Direct experience in money manager research covering equity, fixed income or alternative investment managers
- Experience working with Morningstar Direct and FactSet
Back to top