International Risk Management Lead
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
The Risk Services aligns to the Corporate services organization and supports the current, expected demand for business process risk management. The Risk Services team supports line of business risk management and the corporate risk management.
About the Role
This position will be part of International Risk Management (IRM) and will focus in helping Wells Fargo businesses by identifying and managing risk. The group will focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. This role will help the organization in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business. The incumbent will also take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
- Responsible for Oversight of EGS operational risk management and compliance platform functions
- Lead and develop a team of risk professionals, act as a Subject Matter Expert and demonstrate in-depth knowledge and conceptual clarity on risk programs that affect the Enterprise Global Services platform
- Liaise with the Wells Fargo's Frontline Risk teams and provide oversight and credible challenge over operational risks. These operational risk components includes Information Security, Business Continuity, Records Management, Vendor Management, Regulatory Compliance and Control Environment Review.
- Manage the Global Delivery Risk Memoranda program
- Provide review, oversight, and credible challenge on adherence to Enterprise Risk programs (Risk Appetite Statement, Risk Strategy, and Risk Coverage document)
- Credibly challenge Front Line's Key Risk Indicator program partner (as needed) on audit coordination
- Forge strategic partnerships with other IRM and Front Line organizations
- Provide administrative management of local resources, and consult with senior managers to create, communicate, and execute projects that support International Risk's business strategy.
Market Skills and Certifications
- The incumbent should be assertive and self-directed, with the ability to resolve issues through creative solutions drawn from previous experience or industry best practices. This role will combine project management and presentation skills (written and verbal) with "force of personality" to lead weekly meetings with senior stakeholders.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree in any program
- 10+ years of risk management, governance, or strategy experience
- Experience in medium to high complex project, program level activities and project management tools
- Must have experience in risk management and/or governance frameworks and models
- Ability to develop, track, and report the status of multiple risk memo components to senior management
- Capability to partner with risk, audit, governance, and compliance teams
- Ability to interface with various stakeholders (including Control Executives) involving agreement, planning, timelines and quality of deliverables
- Capacity to create detailed project plans and manage stakeholder expectations
- Candidate with experience in Wells Fargo risk tools and systems, including the Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) are highly preferred
- Experience with implementing and monitoring risk based programs to identify, assess, and mitigate operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed processes, people, systems, or external events
- Candidates with PMP, Six Sigma, or Agile certification are highly preferred
- Structured problem solving skills, specifically the ability to analyze situations, develop hypotheses, aggregate and synthesize data, and develop conclusions and recommendations
- Experience with process optimization and enhancements
- Proficient MS Office Skills and PowerPoint Skills, including executive presentations
Back to top