International Control Risk Services Leader
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
International Control Risk Services leader position reports to the APAC Regional Business Control Leader within the International Control organization. The purpose of the International Control team is to identify, assess and mitigate risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory and Operational Risk types. We achieve this by coordinating with businesses operating internationally, while adhering to policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM).
The ideal candidate possesses a unique skill set and combination of expertise/experience in international financial services, risk management, regulatory and financial crimes control, and regulatory remediation. The successful candidate will work closely with senior leaders across Wholesale, as well as Wealth Investment Management (WIM) and (Payment Virtual Solution Innovation)PVSI, in the development and execution of company risk management strategies. This member must be capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast paced environment under regulatory scrutiny and heightened expectations. It requires strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement. Successful candidate will have ability to distill complex concepts into simplified/targeted solutions, communicate those concepts effectively and ensure that all deliverables are met. They will use both experience and analysis to identify business problems and build compelling fact-based strategic recommendations. They will also have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including Business Leaders, Independent Risk Management and Regulators.
- Lead, train, develop and enable a team that will establish and execute on International Control programs for regulatory control, financial crimes risk management, conduct risk management and operational risk management.
- Partner closely with appropriate stakeholders within the Wholesale, PVSI and WIM Control organizations as well as other key stakeholders; identify, design, and implement programs and controls for local jurisdictional requirements in conjunction with Line of Business Control teams.
- Design and implement controls to address outstanding issues within the international regions, including issues identified by Wells Fargo Audit Services and Regulators, as well as changing regulatory requirements within the industry, ensuring the implementation of effective, sustainable solutions
- Ensure an adequate design of the regulatory control framework in region and escalate areas of concern of deficiency, including possible solutions.
- Accountable for the successful validation, audit, and regulatory inspection of the International Control implementation of risk management program requirements in alignment with Corporate Risk and Regulatory requirements.
- Leads engagement of stakeholders across Wholesale, PVSI and WIM as well as other supporting organizations in the execution of International Control.
- Manage relationships and foster a team orientation with corporate, business heads, legal, audit and multiple US and non-US regulators.
- Promote and maintain a risk culture that encourages an informed, measured, disciplined and balanced approach to understanding and managing business process risk and controls
- Provide input into the development of enterprise-wide and region-specific risk programs and policies in coordination with Control Executive Risk program leaders and IRM.
- Ensure an adequate design of the regulatory control framework across the region and escalate areas of concern of deficiency, including possible solutions.
Market Skills and Certifications
Required Qualifications: 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both.
- Extensive knowledge on Anti Bribery and Corruption, KYC, Financial Crimes, Regulatory Control, Operational Risk and Conduct Risk areas
- Proficient knowledge and experience in banking laws and regulations, national regulatory agencies of APAC countries and international financial services agencies
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to escalate issues
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Proven experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining effective risk management programs, especially risk controls, within a large complex financial services company. Preferred experience in operationalizing controls within business operating units.
- Previous experience executing regulatory remediation and corrective actions and interacting with regulators.
- Proven leadership ability to develop teams, lead virtual teams, and drive successful execution of change initiatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
- Strong project management skills
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Deep understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function and/or risk type.
- Deep technical understanding of specific business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions and where they manifest risk.
- Ability to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end-to-end risk management solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes.
- Ability to engage in constructive credible challenge when necessary.
- Ability to design and implement control analytics and reporting to drive effective decision making and results.
- Ability to analyze issues when data is collected from multiple sources and know how to ask the right questions to obtain the information needed to properly assess potential risks.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top