International Control - Business Control Manager
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The newly formed Wholesale Control (WC) organization sits within the Wholesale Banking group and supports the businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The team assesses and effectively manages risks and delivers an integrated view of risks, produces a sustainable control environment, and instills a culture of strong risk management. The WC interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to consistently drive comprehensive implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The International Control team identifies, assesses, and mitigates risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory, and Operational Risk types, ensuring alignment with the risk management framework and policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM).
The Business Control Manger will work with the designated lines of business (LOBs) to design and assist with the implementation of the required risk controls in an effective, sustainable manner and help identify, escalate and proactively manage risks in the LOBs. This TM will report directly to the Regional Business Control Management Leader (3262)
•Develop a strong partnership with the designated LOBs and specialist understanding of the key risk controls that apply to these LOBs.
•Continuously engage in discussions with LOB partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, and new/modified markets, systems, products and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate risk control issues across all risk types.
•Collaborate with, guide and counsel Risk Control and LOB partners on control design and implementation to mitigate risks.
•Collaborate with, guide, and counsel LOB process and control owners on identifying where controls reside, managing control changes and evaluating effectiveness.
•Collaborate with, guide, and counsel LOB partners on matters relating to the implementation of Corporate policies and Wholesale requirements.
•Help ensure proper LOB profiles of applicable regulations and associated controls as well as residual risks and compensating controls are maintained and continuously updated in appropriate systems of record on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible forproviding risk management support to the line of business
- Maintains an awareness of the state of risk across assigned business(es) and industry; may provide subject matter expertise across specific functional areas and ensures that all business issues are proactively identified and addressed appropriately, escalating where necessary; manages relationships and fosters a team orientation with corporate, business heads, legal, audit and multiple US and non-US regulators; represents the business(es) in the external community, including with senior regulators, elected officials and trade groups.
As aTeam Member Manager , you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Support your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Significant experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or similar in IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which a high proortion must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Demonstrable management experience.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to escalate issues
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
- Strong project management skills
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Deep understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function and/or risk type.
- Deep technical understanding of specific business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions and where they manifest risk.
- Ability to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end-to-end risk management solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes.
- Ability to engage in constructive credible challenge when necessary.
- Ability to design and implement control analytics and reporting to drive effective decision making and results.
- Ability to analyze issues when data is collected from multiple sources and know how to ask the right questions to obtain the information needed to properly assess potential risks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top