Internal Business Development Consultant 1
Let's talk about building a rewarding career
You have a proven track record of success but you're looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you'll find that opportunity. You'll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Internal Business Development Consultant 1, or IBDC, will report directly to the Internal Business Development Manager within the Business Development Group (BDG). The primary responsibility of the IBDC is working with Financial Advisors and Managers to drive growth and increased production within their books of business. The IBDC will work specifically with field management to drive the adoption of firm-wide initiatives and provide Financial Advisors proactive ideas and best practice solutions.
The IBDC will be responsible for:
Providing in-depth knowledge of Wells Fargo Advisors resources, FA tools, industry trends, and key competitor initiatives to facilitate ideas that enhance FA productivity.
Working closely with Branch and Regional Managers to promote the consultative process and enhance the FA/client relationship through our proprietary planning tool utilizing business development resources.
Providing a dedicated support and resource center for Financial Advisors, facilitating a high level of practice management support and make daily, pro-active calls sharing productivity ideas.
Supporting premier advisors and premier manager retention strategies and extend invitations to exclusive conference calls with senior management and targeted productivity calls based on business mix.
Bringing a high degree of organization, service mentality, high energy and a positive attitude will be the key drivers of a successful internal business development consultant.
Spending a majority of their day on the telephone with Financial Advisors
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: business development or financial services consulting
- 1+ year of brokerage industry experience
- 3+ years of business development experience
- 3+ years of financial services experience
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of business development: business vision, strategies, and goals
- Knowledge and understanding of investment advisory
- Knowledge and understanding of portfolio management
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong telephone etiquette skills
- Registration for FINRA Series 66 (or 63 and 65) must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0165617 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top