Insurance Program Manager
Safehold Special Risk, Inc. is a program administrator and managing underwriter specializing in customized coverages for a wide range of businesses. Representing some of the most respected, "A" rated, admitted and excess and surplus carriers in the industry we have developed proprietary niche programs that provide:
- Enhanced coverage offerings for the class of risk
- Excellent underwriting expertise in the various classes of business
- More than 20 current programs with more in development
- Competitive compensation structures
- Multiple millions of dollars of premium under management
- Opportunities to develop exclusive programs for WFI
The person who fills this position will help manage and grow one of the largest Forestry programs in the U.S.
Overall Insurance Program Manager 3 duties:
Provides management oversight and P&L for specific insurance programs. Manages applicable program parameters, including portfolio metrics, program strategy and policy. Recommends to management the authority levels for underwriting staff and amendments/enhancements to applicable program. Serves as the most senior subject matter specialist for applicable program and underwrites the most highly complex assignments, determines appropriate price and develops rate tables, coverage grant, terms and conditions. Markets companies' products and services through defined distributioin sources, developing/maintaining applicable agency/broker/direct account relationships. Collaborates with actuarial, operations, loss control, and claims functional staff in the execution of agreed program strategy and identification of program opportunites.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of insurance experience
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively manage and engage teams
- Experience managing an insurance brokerage business, product development, customer retention, and claims advocacy for one or more insurance programs
- Experience participating in the development and implementation of sales and service goals to ensure that organizational and customer goals are met
- Ability to provide market intelligence, consultation, and client-specific assistance to producers
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to develop and lead implementation of strategic business initiatives, marketing strategies, and campaigns
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in Commercial Auto, Large Property, Worker's Compensation and Inland Marine underwriting
- Experience underwriting large program initiatives
- Forestry Underwriting is a plus
- Designated insurance license requirements must be completed within 180 days of hire date. Compliance with state law requirements is required.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0214759 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top