Instructional Design Consultant
You have a proven track record of success but you’re looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you’ll find that opportunity. You’ll join a team of people who are intelligent, talented and share your values. You will enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.8 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through 8,700 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Consumer Credit Card, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses – Human Resources, Finance, Credit Risk, and Compliance & Operational Risk.
Human Resources develop and implements people strategies to support Wells Fargo’s business objectives. This group manages compensation and benefits, human resource service centers, systems and payroll, finance, team member relations and assistance, talent management, learning and development, and recruiting. We work together as One HR to make Wells Fargo an employer of choice, where people are our competitive advantage. Our operating foundation is based on our ability to operate efficiently, develop HR team members, strengthen controls, and scale technology infrastructure.
Responsibilities may include:
- Consults with business leaders and L&D professionals to develop learning solutions that meet business objectives
- Makes recommendations to ensure performance outcomes are identified and integrated into training
- Consults and partners with SMEs and learning team partners to transform business knowledge into learning solutions
- Stays abreast of latest industry trends in the business.
- Demonstrates awareness of Wells Fargo vision and values
- Applies adult learning theory and principles in the design, development, and maintenance of performance-based instructional materials for a variety of delivery methods including instructor-led training (classroom/virtual classroom), e-Learning, self-study and blended learning.
- Has knowledge and ability to use ADDIE instructional design methodology and different types and levels of assessment.
- Designs and develops learning strategies and solutions that are performance-focused, effective, engaging and innovative.
- Conducts needs assessments and creates performance-based learning objectives in an effort to design and develop learning solutions that yield business results.
- Identifies specific blended instructional activities and assessments to reinforce the retention, understanding and application of knowledge.
- May serve in lead designer role on project teams including coaching team members on design and development work
- Develops materials for medium to large-complexity projects.
- Performs updates on instructional materials for a variety of delivery methods including instructor-led training (classroom/virtual classroom), e-Learning, workbooks, and job aids.
- Facilitates curriculum overview for facilitators and testing of materials.
- Transitions medium to high-complexity projects to implementation and deployment.
- Completes a scheduled review, evaluation, and maintenance of existing curriculum.
- 2+ years of instructional design experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in Instructional Design or related discipline
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Ability to deliver results with speed and agility
- Delivery and facilitation of training experience
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Advanced skills in multiple instructional design tools and technology (e.g., Captivate, PowerPoint for Centra Classroom)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of ADDIE model for instructional design
- Knowledge and understanding of instructional design and development for multiple methods of delivery (instructor led paper-based, virtual, and e-learning)
- Strong influence skills
- Strong project management skills
- An active Instructional Design Methodology certification
- Intermediate Microsoft Word skills
- Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0037418 CHIEFADMINOFFIC/CHIEF ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top