Institutional Retirement and Trust Client Experience Manager 2
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Retirement is a top retirement provider to institutional customers across the U.S.
Wells Fargo ranks second in annuity distribution, sixth in IRA assets, and eighth in retirement recordkeeping. The company also administers custody assets, provides investments, and executive benefits to institutional clients.
This open position resides in Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust (IRT) on the Product Positioning and Communications team which is responsible for leading the IRT go-to-market strategy, communications across IRT, product positioning, product education, RFP and marketing functions to help our clients exceed their goals and achieve a best-in-class retirement plan experience and a higher customer loyalty with Wells Fargo. As a key member of the Product Positioning and Communications leadership team, this manager contributes to the development and strategic direction of the team and may serve as subject matter expert for broader strategic initiatives in IRT, Retirement, and Wells Fargo.
Specifically, this manager will oversee the IRT Communications team and have responsibility for the ongoing development and deployment of go–to-market initiatives and effective communications across all verticals within IRT and to the external marketplace. S/he will collaborate within the broader team and across IRT with partners and business leaders to proactively drive the IRT go-to-market strategy and consult on communication, product education, and marketing best practices.
This position reports to the IRT Product Positioning and Communications Director and will lead a team of 4-5 team members initially. This position can be located in Charlotte (NC), Menomonee Falls (WI), or Minneapolis (MN). Limited travel will be required (up to 15%).
Within the overall IRT Product Positioning and Communications team, this open position will have direct responsibility for the following:
- Develop and deploy an effective communication strategy across all internal and external IRT audiences
- Drive the go-to-market strategy for all IRT products, services, and initiatives across the organization and to external audiences
- Develop effective communications that incorporate the IRT value proposition and narrative throughout IRT and to external audiences
- May write and maintain RFP responses
- Ongoing development and enhancement of client-facing materials
- Partner with our marketing team to develop and reinforce communications
- Other responsibilities and team leadership may be added based on business need and candidate experience
The successful applicant will:
- Champion organizational change initiatives in a way that helps team members understand, appreciate, and support and help to shape a cohesive, strong team culture
- Ability to build consensus through strategic vision and outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to lead by example with high energy, transparency, relationship management, collaboration, and influence
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: communications, marketing, client-facing, or retirement plan
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
- Marketing and presentation creation skills as well as excellent PowerPoint skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience effectively participating in significant line of business (LOB) or cross-LOB initiatives with demonstrated success in building partnerships, developing collaborative, customer-oriented solutions, and driving to results
- Recent Institutional Trust and Retirement experience
- Demonstrated experience of successfully writing and positioning retirement products for both internal and external audiences
- Client facing relationship management and/or sales experience with institutional clients
- Wells Fargo Brand trained
- Experience with full creative process, including data analysis, strategy development, channel selection, creative and content development, production, and measurement
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0046850 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top