Institutional Client Associate, Asset Management
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
- Provides planning and support of Institutional Client Directors in new sales and client retention activities related to large and complex institutional clients and consultants.
- Responsible for developing presentations, preparing marketing and service materials, assessing compliance implications and managing the client and consultant questionnaire process.
- Responsible for preparation and provision of portfolio performance and competitive analysis, interpreting the data and making recommendations based on the analysis.
- Develops and analyzes complex client reports and commentaries and prepares portfolio review material.
- Leads various projects including identifying resources, establishing timeframe and managing to milestones. Responsible for resolving complex operational, systems-related and/or issues.
- Has a broad and deep understanding of client/prospect/consultant needs and may consult with a small number of relationships around investment strategy, performance, new solutions, and market developments.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and procedures providing for more efficient and timely execution of team tasks.
- Acts as back up while Directors are traveling/out of the office to address requests.
Market Skills and Certifications
3+ years of institutional quality client service support, equivalent relationship management support or combination of both
Ability to work independently and in team environment
Knowledge and understanding of revenue driven goals and their implications
Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Extensive knowledge and understanding of the institutional industry and products
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Excellent presentation skills
Solid knowledge and understanding of investment products and services
Strong project management skills
Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
Knowledge and understanding of Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems
Fluency in English and Japanese
Certified Security Salesperson (Type 2) License preferred
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top