About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Control Management Officer...
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives designed to mitigate current and emerging risks with broad impact
- Act as key participant in monitoring, evaluating, and measuring the impact of decisions practiced in Control Management functional area
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs, and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk-mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Develop and implement risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations, and provide guidance in developing and implementing risk-mitigating strategies
- Lead Control Management project or virtual teams
- 5+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience in Risk Management, Control Management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- NYC pay range-133,300.00-237,100.00
- Due to a city-wide mandate in New York City, all individuals who perform in-person work or interact with the public during business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an approved accommodation to be exempt from being fully vaccinated. Currently, this position falls under the scope of this mandate.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology risks and controls
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to generate, review, edit, and distribute executive level reports
- Ability to turn preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas, or problems into well-defined plans and solutions
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience working with internal and external auditors and examiners
- Experience executing Technology risk programs
- Strong knowledge and experience testing infrastructure controls to determine compliance with policy and/or conducting infrastructure risk assessments.
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies and procedures
- Track record of providing constructive consulting with appropriate issue escalation and offering solutions
- Experience with SQL queries
- Strong experience performing data analysis in Excel (IE: formulas and pivot tables)
- Experience in review and development of risk ratings
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions
- Experience successfully navigating and influencing global financial institutions on risk management topics
- Strong risk and control fundamentals, knowledge of frameworks and methodologies, common implementation challenges
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management, including the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction, and escalate issues where necessary
- Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor, (CISA) Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (CISSP), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other risk management discipline certification
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience communicating with business partners and project managers
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders
- Program management experience
- IT audit/audit consulting experience
$133,300.00 - $237,100.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.