Information Security Engineer 5
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company's shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
This position is part of the Appliance/HSM Management & Engineering Team within Information Protection Technologies (IPT), providing end to end management of all appliances/HSMs for multiple data protection/encryption solutions within the Wells Fargo Enterprise Information Security (EIS) organization. This position provides Tier 3 support and engineering oversight for multiple data protection technologies deployed across Wells Fargo networks, applications, public key infrastructure and authentication services, with a primary focus on Vormetric file/server encryption. The person selected for this position will work with partner Engineering Teams on identification and remediation of security vulnerabilities, and may also conduct risk assessments of Infrastructure to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and adherence to best practices and file exceptions and Corrective Actions with action plans as needed. Performs access, configuration change and health monitoring of appliances/HSMs, which may include reviewing logs, writing scripts for automation of tasks and taking other technical actions required to keep Infrastructure healthy and highly available. This position will also participate in the research, analysis, design, testing and implementation of complex data protection technologies alongside other teams within our organization. The position includes periodic 24/7 on-call support rotation and some evening work will be required. This position will provide assistance, constructive guidance & collaborative support to other team members/partners and act as an effective backup for others on the Team as needed. This position will provide administrative and leadership support to Management, such as: forecasts, project sizings, lead the coordination of day to day work assignments within the Team, performing/drive recruiting and interviews and completing onboarding tasks for new hires. This position will also collaborate on leadership activities with other Leads and Managers in the Team and provide feedback and direction to ensure the engineering team is adhering to IPT I&E Team SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). Given the nature of the encryption technologies, the team environment is very fast paced and requires the ability to drive to solutions as an individual and to work effectively with the team as well.
- 7+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 4+ years of Red Hat Linux or UNIX experience
- 2 + years of experience with Windows server operating systems
- 3+ years of experience with technical documentation, publication or a combination of both
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a production environment
- 2+ years of advanced scripting experience using Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java, or PL-SQL
- 1+ year of experience engineering, designing and deploying architecture of data at rest encryption, tokenization solutions, or a combination of both
- 1+ years of experience in IT infrastructure product and service control management; policies and standards, business readiness, exceptions management or alignment to the enterprise compliance and risk management accountabilities
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Vormetric file/server encryption
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Knowledge and understanding of information security industry standards and government regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptography and key management
- Knowledge and understanding of technology server: file encryption technology, encryption key management and information security policies
- Knowledge and understanding of leveraging and administering digital certificates, and keys for authentication and encryption
- Knowledge and understanding of Splunk
Other Desired Qualifications
- Engineering knowledge & experience with encryption Appliance products such as Checkpoint, Syslog NG, SKLM, TKE
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- Flexibility to frequently be on call beyond normal working hours
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top