Info Security Engineer 6
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
ENTERPRISE INFORMATION SECURITY:
Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Enterprise Information Security’s (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo's Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS):
The Distributed Systems Security (DSS) team is part of the Enterprise Information Security group. DSS is responsible for applying security oversight and controls to the Distributed Systems environment and providing security consulting services to our business & technical partners.
This job is an Information Security Engineer 6 position on the Security Infrastructure Design & Engineering team. The team is responsible for delivering security solutions design and engineering capabilities for the Unix/Linux platform and connecting tools and processes. The team works with partners in EIS and EIT to understand business processes and requirements and then provides consulting and solutions design to enable risk mitigation across the UNIX/Linux distributed platform. The team designs and builds back-end security infrastructure and products to help secure Wells Fargo’s computing assets and works with peer teams within DSS to support various aspects of security infrastructure. This team is frequently considered the third tier support and subject matter experts for all aspects of the UNIX/Linux environment.
- Works well with partner teams and peers toward established goals and timelines
- Mentors junior staff and shares knowledge among teammates
- Exhibits and demonstrates leadership qualities
- Works well under self-direction on assigned tasks
- On-call rotation membership for team duties and responsibilities
- Provides active participation and leadership in team duties and responsibilities
- Assists leadership in mapping of assigned goals and tasks
- Ability to work and problem solve across multiple issues and tasks at a time
Open to any location within the Wells Fargo footprint
- 10+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 2+ years of experience building tools in Python, Ruby or Perl
- 3 + years of MySQL experience
- 3+ years of Unix Shell scripting experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- 2+ years of Boks or Keon experience
- 2+ years of virtualization technologies experience
- 2+ years of experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) tools
- Expert knowledge and understanding of information security practices and policies, including Information Security Frameworks, Standards, and best practices
- Ability to manage highly complex issues and negotiate solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization; including at the executive level
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: creation of test plans and test scenarios
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years designing and building security controls and solutions
- 2+ years’ experience with bug/defect/issue tracking systems such as Bugtraq, Flyspray, Jira Servicedesk, or Redmine
- 2+ years’ experience with change control processes and governance
- Experience with systems monitoring tools such as HP OpenView, Nagios, SiteScope, Xymon (or Big Brother/Hobbit)
- GIAC or ISC2 industry security certifications (GSEC, CISSP, etc.)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top