Head of Risk Programs and Initiatives
- Hong Kong
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
At Wells Fargo we have a new and exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Risk Executive to be based in Hong Kong or Singapore.
The main function of the role will to be to provide support to the APAC Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and the groups under the APAC Regional Risk framework, including: Compliance, Financial Crime, Credit, Market, Liquidity and Operational Risk.
A key focus of this position is coordinating Risk Oversight, Governance and Global and Regional Risk Projects and Initiatives across more than a dozen markets in APAC with US based Risk and Business leaders, and ensuring consistency in approach with the other regions (EMEA/Canada&LATAM):
- Act as trusted advisor to APAC CRO and the rest of the Regional Risk Leadership team
- Regional Responsibilities for APAC - coordinating activities across all Risk types, all Lines of Business and Markets, focusing on Enterprise Risk Projects and Initiatives
- Assist with managing Risk Stripes that are covered directly by RCRO - Model Risk, Strategic Risk Reputational Risk and Emerging Risk
- Conducting deep dives into specific areas of focus based on Risk and Regulatory priorities
- Assist with the imbedding and execution of the dual accountability model for Independent Risk in APAC (RCRO and Enterprise Level Global Risk Stripes)
- Manage the aggregation of all risk information for use by the risk team and the formulation of risk reporting for governance purposes
- Conduct an ongoing operational review of the risk policies and practices, including the continuous identification and implementation of process and system improvements.
- Lead SERM (Strategic Enterprise Risk Management) Engagement on behalf of RCRO, particularly for Risk initiatives and Enterprise wide Projects, tracking of project deliverables and tasks with a high degree of understanding of highly complex processes and systems and their interdependencies, and regulatory and internal control requirements
- Responsible for broader Risk Governance and credible challenge across regional committees and other forums, focusing on Operational Risk, Issues Management, Rep Office Governance forums, as well as working with Country/Branch IRM teams across APAC
- Providing a holistic perspective, technical oversight and support across L2 Risk areas such as Fiduciary and Investment Risk, External Fraud, Transaction, Processing, and Execution (TPE) Risk, Safety and Physical Security (SPS) Risk, Payments Risks, Implementation Risk, Disaster Recovery and BCP
- Find process and resource efficiencies across the entire APAC Independent Risk Management structure by understanding the needs of the constituent risk groups and the needs of the business (as they pertain to the risk functions) and creating appropriate strategic solutions, including utilizing Enterprise centers of excellence.
- Drive infrastructure strategy on behalf of the Risk Groups.
- Plan for and evaluate impact to the APAC risk groups of regulatory developments and industry mandates, then design & implement solutions to meet requirements.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Extensive proven Risk and or Compliance experience, from a similar role (15+ years)
- Holistic Risk Management experience across multiple Risk Types and Wholesale Banking
- Background and/or experience in compliance, risk management, business management and/or Governance of complex global projects and processes involving multiple disciplines
- Experience in capital markets, asset management and/or lending businesses
- Strong influencing skills in a matrix reporting environment, with a proven ability to effectively and professionally interact at a high level with Senior and Executive management.
- Must be able to work independently (without direct reports) while providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment.
- Able to execute large complex initiatives in a large corporate environment, while effectively partnering with others.
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business issues and identify key risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with both the line of business and technical Team Members
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and documentation skills.
- Degree in an Analytical discipline would be highly regarded together with post graduate Risk qualifications
- Working knowledge of the US and APAC/International wholesale banking regulatory environment a distinct advantage
- Ability to manage many competing projects effectively for on-time delivery
- Self-starter and able to recognize opportunities for improvement and to act on those opportunities.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top