Head of Regulatory Reporting
- London, United Kingdom
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Primary areas of responsibility
- Manage the team responsible for preparation of Bank of England and US regulatory returns
- Able to manage and oversee the planning, testing and implementation of projects and initiatives, which affect the Regulatory Reporting & wider Finance team.
- For all returns ensure the reporting is in accordance with the relevant external reporting requirements.
- Able to assess, recommend and execute remediation for all identified issues
- Standardizing the documentation for the local regulatory reporting and managing the periodic updates and ensure effective reviews of all returns is undertaken
- Active management of all control weaknesses in line with bank protocols
- Embed and drive adherence to the Governance & Oversight Framework
- Ensure all operational documentation is maintained and is best in class
- Oversee and challenge the re-engineer of legacy manual processes and ensure they are compliant with corporate end user computer tools (EUCT) standards
- Able to design and implement effective controls
- Ensure compliance with all internal recommendations and guidance
- Manage the daily, monthly & quarterly regulatory reporting as required by local regulatory bodies in region (EMEA).
- Manage and oversee daily, monthly & quarterly regulatory reporting required by US regulators.
- Drive change to ensure Regulatory Reporting team is best in class.
- Undertake regular self-assessments to ensure all new risks are actively managed and mitigated
- Ensure the team executes and manages all regulatory changes in a timely and controlled manner.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Qualified accountant.
- Strong academic background and degree educated.
- Banking or financial services industry experience.
- Expensive experience of all relevant regulations, with emphasis on Bank of England reporting
- System exposure to OnesumX and Lombard Risk
- Self-motivated and self-starter with the ability to drive results and work independently within a team structure.
- Regulatory interpretation expertise
- Ambition for a career as an accounting professional within the financial services industry
- Excellent Excel skills and comfortable manipulating large quantities of data.
- Able to manage and drive a small team
- Honesty and integrity in all aspects of their work.
- Strong communicator.
- Intuitive; Fast leaner with good problem solving skills.
- Good time management & organisational skills.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Back to top