Head of International Fund Operations
Let's talk about you
You have a proven track record of success but you're looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you'll find that opportunity. You'll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Let's talk about us
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Let's talk about the job
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) strives to help investors achieve their financial goals through investment solutions managed by specialized investment teams and backed by collaborative service. WFAM's investment approach centers on autonomous investment teams that maintain their own independent research, idea-generation, and decision-making processes. Its independent investment risk management approach provides a consistent, unbiased framework for analyzing and balancing risk in portfolios. WFAM offers the expertise of over 29 investment teams—each focused on specialized, niche portfolio management strategies—that attempt to meet the diverse needs of our investors.
We are seeking an experienced fund operations manager to lead the International Fund Operations team. The position reports to the Head of Fund Operations and Governance and the role is based in Boston. This individual will have responsibility for leading and managing the International Fund Operations team, which includes Fund Administration and Shareholder Servicing, supporting our Luxembourg based business, including both UCITS and Medium-Term-Note programs (MTN).
This role will assume responsibility for a small internal team, along with key service providers, working within the broader Fund Operations team. This role will lead international fund administration, which includes monitoring and support of the work performed by the custody and accounting agent to ensure proper maintenance of the books and records of the funds. These activities include the NAV calculation, cash and security reconciliation's, financial statement production, reporting, working with the Valuation team to administer board valuation policy, overseeing performance fees and KIID production. The team is also responsible for working closely with the product audit firms to ensure timely and accurate completion of annual and semi-annual audits; international shareholder servicing, which includes monitoring and support of the work done by the shareholder servicing agent to ensure proper processing and support of shareholder records; this role will work closely with the Luxembourg conducting officers, Fund Administration, Transfer Agent Operations and others across WFAM to ensure strong partnerships and coordination; this role will be the primary face-off to the board of directors on all Fund Operations matters, participate in product development activities, problem solving across multiple departments and organizations within Wells Fargo and managing the external vendor relationships, including the custody, fund accounting, fund administration and shareholder servicing agent as well as the two audit firms.
- Ensure that the financial reporting on behalf of the Luxembourg based Fund's and MTN's are accurate, timely and in accordance with laws and regulations of the CSSF; report these results to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure accuracy of and adherence to policies and procedures for all NAV calculations, including valuation of fund holdings and performance calculations (in conjunction with Valuation and Performance team), dividend declarations, yield calculations and expense ratios on behalf of the Funds.
- Ensure accuracy of and adherence to laws and regulations of the CSSF and other respective regulators, for all shareholder transactions and records, including compliance with Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Distributor requirements.
- Prepare and present reports to the Board of Directors including audit, financial, valuation and operational matters and special matters such as vendor proposals and policy recommendations.
- Manage vendors and service providers including custodian, fund accountant, fund administration, shareholder servicing, auditors, line of credit providers, etc. Effectively monitor and negotiate related fee arrangements and service level agreements on behalf of the Fund's and MTN's for such vendors and service providers.
- Create and maintain operational efficiencies via technology, automation and review of business process. Drive the quality process with the goal of maximizing metrics and attaining clean internal and external audit results.
- Work closely with the Luxembourg conducting officers to ensure proper governance of the products.
- Work closely with Fund Administration and Transfer Agent Operations to leverage "shared services" and ensure a strong partnership and coordination.
- Maintain and enhance a proactive relationship with business partners across Wells Fargo Asset Management, including EMEA leadership, conducting officers, compliance, legal, product, client relations, sales, investments, marketing, etc.
- Support and facilitate special projects and initiatives including fund mergers, product launches and proxy solicitations.
- Coordinate and direct the development of team goals and objectives. Manage, monitor and evaluate progress and provide feedback relative to such goals and objectives in support of team and corporate goals.
- Provide leadership and motivation for team, manage resources and review team member performance to support accomplishment of individual, team and corporate goals and objectives.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: accounting or fund/financial reporting, in the asset management industry
- 5+ years of management experience
- Fund reporting and fund administration experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the regulations governing the fund industry
- Solid knowledge and understanding of fund accounting, investments, trade operations, the role of systems supporting these functions, and the role of outside participant record keepers
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to lead a major function across multiple jurisdictions
- Deep understanding of technical aspect to functions, including fund accounting, fund administration, custody and shareholder servicing
- Strong relationship management expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Proven ability to manage teams in multiple locations Experience working with products registered in jurisdictions outside the US and regulated by a non-US regulator
- Experience working with the CSSF and Luxembourg registered products
- Experience working with a board of directors
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0012927 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top