Hadoop Systems Engineer - Applications Systems Engineer 5
This position sits within our Enterprise Data and Analytics (EDA) Division focusing on Big Data. The EDA Big Data platform supports Hadoop and Aster technology in a multi-tenant environment supporting multiple LOBs.
The EDA Big data team is looking for an Application System Engineer to work in a fast paced agile environment who will be responsible for daily operations, management, and triage of the Big Data Platform at Wells Fargo. The Engineer is expected to (re)build and maintain configuration for multiple large Big Data clusters. Deployment of monitoring and alerting, and log aggregation / analysis for OS through middleware on the Big Data platform is also expected. The Engineer will be working with a small team to manage a very large environment which requires 24/7 support. The position is also expected to perform Analysis and Integration of emerging Big Data tools into the environment based upon a client-driven roadmap
Expected in the office 4 days a week during business hours, with 1 telecommute day on Friday.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 2+ years of process definition and documentation experience
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- 2+ years of Big Data experience
- 4+ years of data center experience
- 4+ years of provisioning experience
- 2+ years of Java experience
- 2+ years of Hadoop experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of Hadoop (MapR, Cloudera, Hortonworks)
- 2+ years of Big Data Tools (HBase, Hive, MR 1/2, Impala, Sqoop, Flume)
- 3+ years of Build Tools (StackIQ, Redhat Satellite, Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- 4+ years of Log Aggregation (Splunk, ELK)
- 5+ years of Shell Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python)
- 5+ years of Monitoring and Alerting Tools (Nagios, Ganglia)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0075138 CHIEFADMINOFFIC/CHIEF ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top