GPS Market Consultant 2
Global Financial Institutions (GFI) Payment Services (GPS) offers payment processing services to global financial institutions worldwide with particular focus and strengths in commercial payments and treasury settlements as well as the related reporting and liquidity products. GPS is a leader in meeting customers’ direct settlement needs in USD, EUR, RMB and most other foreign currencies, offering Demand Deposit Accounts (DDAs) in USD, EUR and various other currencies in addition to foreign exchange payments. GPS is part of Wells Fargo’s Global Financial Institutions Group.
Reporting to the Head of GPS Technical Sales, Payment Strategy (TSPS) and Network Management (NM), this strategic business manager role is responsible for overseeing, communicating and reporting on Strategy as it relates to key business programs, including:
- SWIFT’s global payments innovation initiative
- Infrastructure programs (including payment and investigations platform replacement projects)
- Network Management Initiatives such as account openings and aggregation strategy progress
- Payment industry initiatives and market trends
- Creating, executing, and reporting on the growth strategy for Wells Fargo’s Global Financial Institution payment products
- Coordinating the GFI Payment Services development budget across stakeholders
- Coordinating global initiatives and business development
- Representing the group in cross enterprise initiatives
- Coordinating monthly/quarterly reporting across team
- Leading and managing meetings (including creating minutes and action item follow up)
- Program and Project reporting updates
- Coordinating across sales teams to determine what new products/services are needed to further grow payments business
- Creating business cases and Project Initiation Requests (in conjunction with product management) for budget cycle
- Working with product management to provide business and market intelligence related to business requirements
- Representing Wells Fargo in industry events and ensuring industry knowledge and thought leadership are incorporated into business strategy
- Liaising with the client experience team to optimize customer satisfaction related to product set
- Partnering across the organization to maximize product revenue, control costs, improve efficiency, mitigate risk, and ensure compliance
- Working across team in conjunction with marketing to ensure brochures, proposals, client presentations and other sales support materials are up to date and accurate
The successful candidate will be able to collaborate across the organization; coordinating and partnering with multiple business partners to drive results.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of marketing experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of global payment services, products, and banking norms
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of product management experience covering international, cross border, large value, RTGS payments
- At least 5 years of payment product management experience in the correspondent banking space
- Experience managing a global team that are geographically diverse in a matrixed environment with no direct influence
- Experience leading the planning and developing of new products for USD Commercial, Treasury, Foreign Exchange or Multicurrency clearing and payment services, including leadership or sponsorship of the business development process
- Experience working with low value clearing systems in US and globally
- Direct project management experience, including leading projects that implement new products and product enhancements
- Industry participation including groups such as EBA, BAFT, Fedwire, CHIPS, SWIFT, etc.
- Experience working in matrixed organizations where collaborative partnerships and influencing skills are required
- Ability to drive revenue growth in a Technical Sales, Payment Strategy and Business Management role
- Ability to lead a diverse, cross-functional team of business partners and stakeholders to a common goal with little or no direct authority
- Expertise and experience in the creation and delivery of presentations for senior management
- Ability to drive product innovation based on evolving customer needs, technological evolution, and dynamic market conditions
- Proficient in the use of analytical tools such as spreadsheets and databases to conduct analyses
- Analytical capabilities utilized to identify root cause issues/improvement opportunities, and designing approaches/programs/products to address customer issues
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Back to top