GPS EMEA Business Manager
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Canada, Cayman Islands & Dubai International Financial Centre.
Main function of the job:
Global Payment Services (GPS) is a product vertical within Wells Fargo's Financial Institutions Group, which is responsible for Banks, Market Infrastructures/Broker Dealers, Asset Managers and Insurance. GPS offers cross border high value payment processing services to financial institutions worldwide with particular focus on SWIFT-based solutions and strengths in treasury settlements and cross border commercial payments as well as the related liquidity products. GPS is a leader in meeting customers' settlement needs in USD and other foreign currencies.
Reporting to the Global GPS Chief Operating Officer (COO), the primary responsibility of this position is to act as a key co-ordination point within GPS and amongst its partners for strategy, industry knowledge, and for addressing business issues in the EMEA region and escalating issues to the Global GPS COO as necessary. As part of this responsibility, the position will have a dotted line reporting into FIG EMEA Head (Senior Manager) and will require strong linkages amongst the various GPS functions in region to provide regional oversight of GPS business in EMEA region, and support development and implementation of controls.
Additionally, this position will support GPS COO to raise Wells Fargo payments industry profile in the region, including management of Global Payments Advisory Group (GPAG) programs and others client seminars in the region as well as active participation in regional industry events. The position will also provide other business management and project support.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
Regional governance role
- Attend FIG senior manager meeting and represent GPS.
- Deal with business issues and escalate issues to Global GPS COO as well FIG EMEA Head.
- Input into annual process for GPS team members in London.
- Understand regulatory requirements, work with Compliance team to design, develop, and implement controls.
- Link with Global GPS COO to develop regional EMEA GPS strategy in line with global GPS strategy.
- Gather market data, competition intelligence, and economic factors.
- Identify emerging payment trends and provide strategic input to help shape FIG's Global Payment Services strategy.
- Produce regular industry updates for client and GPS client consultants.
- Host periodic Webinars promoting thought leadership in EMEA region.
- Participate in industry forum and gain speaking assignments.
- Support GPAG regional and annual conferences, as well as coordination of RM initiated programs requiring GPS participation.
- Periodic updates on GPS strategy and business performance.
- Develop as well as Input into GPS internal and external presentations, both regionally and globally.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Lead and execute regional GPS initiatives in partnership with stakeholders.
- Develop proactive and cooperative relationships with GPS teams, FIG senior management, FIG Relationship Managers, and other GPS/FIG partners.
- Provide the requisite support and guidance to other GPS team members. Act as an escalation point as well.
- Proactively build and drive collaborative relationships across the enterprise with relevant partners including Compliance and Credit Risk management, Legal, Operations, Client Service and support.
- Gather enough information on GPS activities in region, track risk and issues, escalate, and follow up.
- Objectively represent GPS issues regionallyRepresent GPS in key regional initiatives and drive outcomes required of GPS as a result.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extensive proven experience with Financial Institutions and transaction banking experience in EMEA.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and commitment as well as a strong business sense with a strategic and tactical orientation.
- Strong knowledge of international high value payments and foreign exchange.
- In depth understanding of technological, risk and regulatory trends impacting payments and Financial Institutions.
- Successful track record of industry thought leadership and developing senior level relationships.
- Strong experience in developing and execution of business strategies.
- Ability to analyse data and use for decision making and managing initiatives.
- Successful track record in systematically executing initiatives using project management disciplines.
- Highest level of integrity and good judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong stakeholder skills and ability to work and lead across functions.
- Strong commercial judgement, excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organizational environment and partnership skills. Willingness to travel as required.
Back to top