Governance Reporting Lead
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
To support the bank's vision and goals through delivery of the EMEA COO function's objectives. Specifically you will:
- Be responsible for the creation and maintenance of an effective and innovative reporting mechanism which aligns across the regional and enterprise governance arrangements.
- Collaborate with Lines of Business and Support Functions to set the standard of committee reporting for the EMEA region.
- Work with partners across the bank to facilitate accurate, relevant and value-add analysis of management information with appropriate credible challenge to ensure effective risk management, governance and decision making.
- Collaborate with US teams to ensure alignment with Group's corporate governance framework.
- Ensure awareness and alignment of changes in the Group's governance environment and regulatory environment - ensure the region responds appropriately to balance harmonization across the bank and the requirements and nuances of the region.
- Be responsible for the design and production of reporting to EMEA regional committees.
- Work with our partners across the bank to obtain support, influence outcomes, address conflict and ensure alignment between regional and bank-wide strategy and policies.
- Work in close collaboration with EMEA COO leadership team in support of the above in to support the function's annual planning activity.
- Provide support, coaching and leadership for direct report(s) in fulfillment of the above.
- Keep up to date with changing customer and market expectations, the changing regulatory and political landscape and to the bank's business in the region.
- Build and develop successful working relationships across the banks lines of business and support functions.
- Maintain awareness of industry developments and best practices across industries with regard to business intelligence, management information and reporting.
- Demonstrate the bank's vision, values and behaviors.
Market Skills and Certifications
Skills and Experience required
- Experience and strong working knowledge of corporate governance in a financial services regulatory environment and regulators' (EMEA and US) requirements and expectations of Management Information.
- Understanding of the relevant and importance of Management Information to support Senior Managers (under the Senior Manager and Certification Regime) and their reasonable steps
- Experience of supporting senior leaders and decision making through effective management information, reporting and analysis.
- A comprehensive understanding of EMEA markets and the Wells Fargo businesses operating in EMEA.
- Extensive proven governance and management information experience, from a similar role is strongly preferred in large corporate environment in the financial services and/or management consulting sector with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with the functioning of committees and corporate governance and presenting reports and briefings to a senior executive audience.
- Must be able to work independently while providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyse business issues and identify key risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Experience of managing, supporting, coaching and growing team members.
- Ability to manage many competing projects effectively for on-time delivery
- Self-starter and able to recognize opportunities for improvement and to act on those opportunities.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company.They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top