G&O Manager 1 Risk Reporting Governance & Oversight Manager
Wells Fargo is a seeking highly motivated individual to join our Governance and Oversight leadership team and manage a team of subject matter experts (SME’s) on policy/guidance and control related matters impacting risk reports. The Risk Reporting Governance & Oversight team will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within Corporate Finance, Corporate Risk, and those charged with governing the risk reporting infrastructure. Governance and Oversight is a component of the Enterprise Controls & Oversight group that reports to the Corporate Controller.
The Risk Reporting Governance and Oversight team’s on-going objective is to maintain a world class system of internal controls over risk reporting that will be responsible for the following directives:
- Overseeing and maintaining the Company’s COSO based policies for internal controls over reporting (with a focus on risk reporting) including its Regulatory and Risk Reporting Governance & Oversight framework (“G&O Framework”) and Policy and Standards for COSO Compliance.
- Strategic planning for on-going compliance with the COSO polices (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters) as well as involvement in developing strategy around compliance with BCBS 239 along with developing and promoting thought leadership around data governance and oversight.
- Assisting with the production and facilitation of respective governance committee meetings including its Regulatory and Risk Reporting Oversight Committee meeting that occurs on a quarterly basis and hosts several leaders across the enterprise.
- Monitoring new and emerging data and internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating enterprise-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders
- Providing enterprise-wide subject matter expertise (SME) for data, process, and control related matters impacting risk reporting including evaluating severity of errors, control deficiencies, and related remediation efforts
- Providing data and control support and thought leadership for Corporate Finance sponsored projects
- Interfacing with regulators, internal auditors, and lines of businesses on control related matters
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the Company’s system of internal controls
This individual will be managing a team of subject matters expert on data, process, and control related matters with an emphasis on Risk reporting. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining working knowledge of the risk reports in scope for compliance with the Company’s G&O Framework
- Serving as a liaison with report owners, the Corporate Risk Reporting teams to identify and evaluate control deficiencies (as well as trends) specific to Risk reporting
- Communicating control deficiency analysis specific to Risk Reporting to key stakeholders and partner with impacted process owners to determine adequacy of remediation efforts.
- Preparing and/or reviewing communications to regulators and internal audit
- Attending regulatory and industry process and control related trainings and partnering with other COSO team members and the BCBS 239 project team to communicate topics to key stakeholders within the Risk reporting infrastructure
- Partnering with key stakeholders to incorporate new and emerging internal control related guidance into Company’s COSO policies
- Serving as subject matter expert for data, process, and control authoritative guidance (BCBS 239, Federal Reserve Board, OCC Guidance, and Hot Topics)
- Providing process and control support for Corporate Finance sponsored projects, including providing monitoring and oversight of key project efforts specific to BCBS 239 compliance, remediation of Regulatory Reporting issues, and the rollout of the G&O Framework to Risk Reporting.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. Additionally, the candidate should possess good professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior executives. The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: accounting, consulting, or public accounting
- 3+ years of management experience
- Big four public accounting experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- A BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of COSO Framework
- Experience with relationship building and collaboration with stakeholders spanning multiple levels from staff level to senior and executive management
- Experience with large financial institutions
- Working knowledge of information technology controls
- Experience with Regulatory reporting and/or Risk reporting (BCBS 239)
- Ability to develop emerging leaders
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- 5+ years of public accounting or financial services
- 5+ years of audit experience
- Proven ability to influence and lead change
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0016326 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top