Global Payment Services Consultant
- Dublin, Ireland
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
The primary responsibility of this role is to support global payment business including USD and Multicurrency (e.g. GPB, Euro and others) activities with Financial Institutions Group (FIG) clients. The portfolio coverage will include financial institutions, multi-lateral institutions and market infrastructure clients located in continental Europe. Working as a Client Consultant Manager - Continental Europe (CCM), the role will lead, manage and develop payment business by delivering consultative payment solutions to clients and through teamwork with broader GPS and CIB (Corporate & Investment Banking) team members.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Focus on building positive business momentum in support achieving overall GPS objectives by providing technical advice to clients and maintaining pipeline as reported in Salesforce and Business Tracking Report for assigned portfolio of clients.
- Partner with CIB Relationship Managers and other Products Partners to drive GPS business forward and lead, manage and develop payment business activities.
- Coordinate with GPS central proposal unit in US to develop and distribute responses to RFPs insuring the successful implementation of the solution for the client.
Client Coverage and Management:
- Develop GPS client call schedule and team up with RM team to make coordinated calling efforts.
- Execute client calling plan to support payment business and deliver GPS content & messages through client meetings, training and events.
- Assist in the organizing of client road shows / seminars / presentations, including development of agenda, engaging speakers and generation of content to be presented.
- Team work with RM, Client Service, Risk, Operations team to meet client needs, resolve technical payment issues, and deliver best-in-class client experience.
- Working within corporate governance and marketing guidelines, provide subject matter expertize support on WFBNA payments products to CIB clients and in coordination with RM team.
- Liaise with Customer Service and Operations partners to insure effective delivery and servicing of client activity.
- Work with RM/Credit to suggest appropriate intra-day credit facility to support client payment activities.
- Identify and support new product idea generation/conceptualization to further enhance payment experience.
GPS Business Disciplines:
- Work closely with RMs and Risk/Compliance team to enhance regulatory awareness and ensure reputational integrity of Wells Fargo. Providing subject matter input to support remediation and transaction risk reduction efforts (e.g., TEDD report).
- Report progress against financial and customer experience goals established including updating all payment related activity in MIS (e.g. Salesforce).
- Ensure all client facing materials meet internal policies and guidelines and have appropriate approvals before being offered to client.
- Track competitive, product and pricing trends in market and report competitor and market intelligence to GPS leaders for informed decision.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Fluency in German and French or Spanish as well as English.
- Experience with financial institutions and strong product knowledge of international high value payments including treasury settlements, commercial and trade payments.
- Strong knowledge of foreign exchange and European market infrastructures (Euro clearing, exchanges).
- Client focused and service orientated with core understanding of payment solutions to achieve the client's business requirements.
- Self-motivated with a strong goal orientation and can work well in a team orientated environment.
- Good influencing skills and comfortable working in a matrix organizational environment.
- Ability to work across all levels of a client's organization interfacing across functional areas (operations, network management, product management) and with executive management as appropriate.
- Well-developed presentation skills.
- Understanding of competitive and banking trends in Europe and the payments industry overall.
- Able to travel independently and frequently in Europe.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Back to top