Global Payment Client Consultant Dubai
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Canada, Cayman Islands & Dubai International Financial Centre.
Main function of the job:
FIG Global Payment Services (GPS) offers payment processing services to global financial institutions worldwide with particular focus and strengths in commercial payments and treasury settlements as well as the related liquidity products. GPS is a leader in meeting customers' direct settlement needs in USD, and many other international currencies.
Based in Dubai, reporting to the GPS MEA regional Global Payments Client Consultant 2 and partnering closely with the FIG Relationship Managers, the Global Payment Services Client Consultant is the primary client contact for all FIG payment related matters and has the responsibility to provide consulting support of payment related business activities with select Financial Institutions in Turkey and other assigned markets with a goal of supporting the overall relationship from a payments perspective.
Payment and Liquidity Management
- Support payment relationships with clients in Turkey and specified markets. Estimate approximately 40-50% of time spent visiting clients providing technical advice and information on global payment trends. The GPS Client Consultant is responsible for deploying the global GPS strategy in support of the broader FIG relationship strategy.
- Demonstrate positive business momentum in support of achieving GPS growth objectives by providing technical advice to clients and maintaining pipeline as reported in Salesforce and Business Tracking Report. Monitor market performance results, including business growth, product market share and other measurement tools.
- Develop payment business contacts and serve as the focal point for strategic client discussions and escalations.
- Liaising with Customer Care and Operations partners to insure effective delivery and servicing of client activity.
- Working together with customer service units to ensure service standards and prompt delivery of service to clients and insuring all workflow submissions are accurate.
- Keep current on industry trends and participate in WF and industry. seminars/conferences promoting WF payments profile and demonstrating subject matter expertise and support Wells Fargo's Global Payments Advisory Group.
- Maintaining strong lines of communications with GPS subject matter experts, operations, product, legal and compliance/risk and other areas to ensure success of shared initiatives.
- Coordinate with central/regional teams to ensure distribution of GPS communications with clients, including repricing, systems issues, and product updates/alerts.
- Protect Wells Fargo against reputational, credit and operating risk by operating within corporate governance guidelines and notifying management of breaches, negative market rumors or client behavior which is inconsistent with our risk appetite.
- Responsible for assisting RM as necessary to establish appropriate intra-day credit facilities to support client activity.
- Provide input to RM for Relationship memo regarding expected product activity.
- Support Actual Vs Anticipated management. Assist RM as necessary for client follow up to respond to variance reviews.
- Liaise with RM, FIG Core/Risk as appropriate on GPS matters including TEDDs, client reviews.
- Partnership with GPS functional teams on product, risk, experience, and COO/thought leadership.
- Support GPS initiatives applicable to market and other adhoc projects.
Market Skills and Certifications
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience working with financial institutions and deep subject matter expertise regarding international high value payments including treasury settlements and commercial payments.
- Keen awareness of technological, risk and regulatory trends impacting payments and Financial Institutions.
- Experience in Treasury and Markets operations (e.g. FX) considered to be an advantage.
- Client focused and service orientated with experience in consulting payment solutions to achieve the client's business requirements.
- Self - motivated with a strong goal orientation and can work well in a team orientated environment.
- St rong commercial awareness with good influencing skills and comfortable working in a matrix organizational environment.
- Ability to work across all levels of a clients organization as well as interfacing across functional areas (operations, network management, product management).
- Well developed presentation & training skills.
- Understanding of competitive and banking trends in the country.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Senior Business Initiatives Leader for the Innovation Group
Kelli leads a team within Wells Fargo’s Innovation Group. Her team’s focus is to work with areas of the business on engagement and collaboration to help advance their innovation and technology strategies.
Back to top