Fund Accountant - CPA (Non-Marketable Equity Investments)
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
The Capital Markets Accounting Operations Center of Excellence was established to bring the controller activities into one centralized team within the Controllers division that delivers expertise on anything and everything that touches the ledger. This team focuses on reconciliations and controls on fixed income, securities, and derivatives for Traded Products. The group performs reconciliations of books and records across Well Fargo Securities supporting the corporate general ledger, stock record, depositories, custodial positions, and SEC/regulatory reporting.
About the Role
The group supports the majority of non-marketable equity investments held by Wells Fargo. Non marketable equity classified instruments can results from a wide set of transactions from proceeds in a bankruptcy proceedings, conditions of software licensing, purchase of office buildings as well as traditional private equity investing. As a result this group supports many different business partners from lines of business across the company. This team has accounting and operations from trade initiation through reporting covering the entire accounting life cycle of the investments. Onboarding of new trades, maintenance of trades (such as funding and receipt of dividends) and recording of period equity pickup amounts. This will involve taking source documentation and inputting into the system of record, Investran and SIMCORP.
- Perform accounting method check by validating actual accounting method used versus system-recommended based on percentage of ownership.
- Conduct researches and accounts for mismatches.
- Shadow-book in the unrealized gain and/or losses in Investran of Wells Fargo Service Company Operations investments located in the general ledger.
- Manually book equity pickup and/or other-than-temporary impairment entries in Investran, uploaded in Eagleweb for US review and approval, pushed to final GL - based on email requests from various business groups.
- Shadow-book in Investran all REEF and non-REEF transactions located in general ledger.
- Deal building, cash postings and monthly reconciliation of Non-marketable equity investments
- Provide support and review for all entries posted as receivables/ payables related to all non-marketable equity deals
- Balance review of capital stock and additional paid in capital for NMEI deals
- Review monthly basis adjustments for renewable deals as per monthly amortization schedule
- Provide support and review for all NMEI sold deals' receivables
Market Skills and Certifications
- Candidate must be a graduate of BS Accountancy
- Candidates must be a CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in accounting preferably in Private Equity Accounting and securities products, US Regulatory Reporting, US Financial Services and reconciliation/validation.
- Experience with Simcorp Dimension, Investran and Eagleweb is a plus.
- Experience with reconciliations and the month end general ledger close process.
- Familiarity in portfolio or securities accounting such as securities, commodities, investment funds, derivatives and especially foreign exchange
- Must have in-depth background in compiling and analyzing financial information in preparing entries to accounts, such as general ledgers and document business transactions.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Ability to resolve accounting discrepancies
- Must be able to establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Candidates must be willing to work in midshift/night shifts, or weekends/holidays if deemed necessary by the business
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top