Front - End Framework Product Manager
Wholesale Internet Solutions - manages the CEO and CEO Mobile channels for online properties across wholesale.
The Wholesale Internet Solutions (WIS) group is looking for a dynamic individual to join the Channel Wide Initiatives group. The CWI team is responsible for a number of key strategic initiatives for the Commercial Electronic Office (CEO) Portal, CEO Mobile, and all digital properties used by our commercial banking customers.
Some current projects include:
- An extensive redesign effort for our commercial portal applications to ensure a consistent user experience, look and feel, and scalability across browsers, operating systems, and devices.
- Touch optimization and responsive design across mobile devices and other touch-enabled interfaces.
- Online accessibility initiatives to ensure our online properties are usable by customers with diverse abilities.
- Extending the use of mobile-unique features for commercial applications, including image capture and geolocation
- The development and rollout of design pattern and implementation standards for all digital property interactions with our customers.
The Front-end Framework Product Manager will be expected to handle both the tactical and strategic, from ensuring that we have a clear plan and priority for ongoing component iterations to looking more strategically at ‘next gen’ frameworks and technologies. You would be expected to partner closely with our Front-end Development (FED) and User Experience Design (UxD) teams to ensure alignment on priorities and to maintain focus on the creation and maintenance of a common code framework. You would ensure that customer experience is factored into all facets of design and development, as well as the functional and performance testing of the components.
- Day-to-day oversight of decisions and prioritization related to framework components, patterns, and other standards-based front-end elements
- Day-to-day oversight of the documentation related to components and standards to support the framework to be used by multiple wholesale products and services
- Analysis to support decision-making for levels of financial investment in the framework and its ongoing maintenance, as well as product rollout, adoption, and support strategies
- Manage budgets and forecasts for WFRIA design, development, and maintenance
- Analysis to support decision making for custom builds of WFRIA components versus use of native solutions or open source solutions
- Analysis to support decision-making around centrally governed standards and best practices
- Develop and execute plan for support for browser, device, operating system variations as anticipated for customer usage
- Ensure support for online accessibility or other regulatory and compliance measures, as included in the WFRIA code frameworks and standards
- Plan, communicate, and manage projects to roll out the framework to product teams
- Work with the CEO Mobile team to plan the use and potential enhancement of the WFRIA framework to support smartphones
- Be an ongoing champion and ‘evangelist’ for the framework with key partners
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, -procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of e-business experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a minimum of 7-10 years of banking or financial services experience
- Demonstrated success in end-to-end product or channel management experience, from discovery through execution; 2-3 years experience developing strategy, roadmaps, business cases for a product or service
- Ability to provide detailed analysis and documentation in support of overall initiatives
- Success in developing strong business relationships with other product partners and related teams, interacting with mid to senior management
- Experience leading major online customer products or with significant platform/product redesign definitions and launches
- Understanding of responsive web design principles and user-centered design
- A strong, self-starter work ethic
- Experience prioritizing projects using a number of quantitative and qualitative variables
- Familiarity and experience with JQuery, YUI3, React, Angular, or similar front-end frameworks
- Experience in data visualization using JS frameworks
- Mobile, tablet, or browser experience in a product management, design, or customer engagement role. Preferred experience with product planning, development, and implementation
- MBA preferred but not required
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top