Fraud Detection Specialist 2
Researches and analyzes account activity using various resources and tools to detect potential fraud activity and take the appropriate action. Identifies potential fraud trends and communicates to team and management. Contacts customers and vendors to verify legitimate transactions/information. Maintains customer follow-up with in timeframes. Receives inbound calls regarding fraud and dispute related issues. May assist in ongoing production and workflow improvement efforts and participate in small projects
Must be dependable in working and contributing to a team environment; however, this position/schedule requires multiple hours working alone so it's important to be self-driven, trustworthy and motivated to mitigate risk, financial loss and customer impact.
Sunday 10:30am- 7:00pm
Monday 10:30am- 7:00pm
Thursday 10:30am- 7:00pm
Friday 10:30am- 7:00pm
Saturday 10:30am- 7:00pm
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven success in problem analysis and resolution
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Able to work well with a team and be dependable on providing results
- Demonstrated ability to be highly accurate
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment
- TSYS platform knowledge
- Previous fraud detection experience
- Credit card industry experience
- Knowledge of Visa and MasterCard dispute chargeback rules and regulations
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0013248 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top