At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo.
It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Crimes Specialist in Financial Crimes Investigations as part of Independent Risk Management. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Financial Crimes Investigations department as Financial Crimes Specialist
We are searching for talented Financial Crimes Specialists to join our AML, SAR Operations Group and Preliminary Investigations groups.
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees
In this role, you will:
- Participate in complex initiatives and identify opportunity for process improvements within scope of responsibilities
- Perform risk assessment and modeling to provide input and recommendations for financial crimes strategies and models
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and internal controls
- Conduct data and onsite reviews, review findings, determine risk level and recommend fraud prevention strategies
- Review and assess business, operational, or technical assignments or challenges that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives, and exercise independent judgment to guide medium risk deliverables
- Perform investigative research, root cause evaluation and consulting regarding complex financial crimes transactions, policy violations and suspicious situations with moderate to high risk
- Perform detailed examination to detect transactional and relationship patterns, trends, anomalies and schemes across multiple businesses or products
- Act as an escalation point for more complex cases
- Present recommendations for resolving more complex situations and exercise independent judgment while developing full knowledge proficiency in the function, policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- Take action on control failures in bank processes and procedures
- Represent organization in handling court appearances, depositions, mediations, and arbitrations
- Collaborate and consult with associates on all levels
- Lead, participate in and provide support for projects and initiatives
- Provide input to development and delivery of a wide range of individual education for financial crimes awareness
- Prepare documentation and refer cases for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations and Suspected Financial Abuse, reports to government agencies and makes recommendations to management
- 2+ years of Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Fraud, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery, Corruption experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Anti -Money Laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) experience
- Experience investigating, writing, and filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Experience conducting investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management and compliance, including researching and analyzing complex transactions to detect patterns, trends, and anomalies
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to gather, organize, and interpret data
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents/reports
- Ability to identify information, cross-reference data and take action accordingly
- BS/BA degree or higher
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees.
- A posting is required to be open for a minimum of five (5) calendar days, or until 40 candidates have applied. If recruiters will be closing the posting earlier than five days due to candidate volume, then the following statement must be included: Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.