Financial Crimes Specialist 3
In Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI), we’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what’s needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Solutions, Deposit Products Group, Innovation, Operations, Treasury Management and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
The ACH Claims group located in Chandler, Arizona is responsible for the investigation and resolution of customer disputes on Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions.
We are looking for 10 extraordinary candidates who can demonstrate excellent communication skills, decision making skills, and research skills to become part of a dynamic team providing exceptional customer service.
Successful candidates will work in a fast paced, quality-oriented work environment. Customer transactions are investigated, monitored, and resolved by this team.
This position would be responsible for reviewing, verifying, and identifying customer transactions to detect and prevent financial crimes activities, policy violations, or suspicious situations in order to mitigate and/or recover losses. Team members will monitor and review more complex account activity and claims requiring research that may involve multiple transaction channels and products. You will be required to use multiple online computer systems with technical proficiency. The nature of the claims handled can be complex; therefore, direct communication with management and team members may be required to resolve and complete the reports and will require detailed documentation of outcome.
You will document research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO) and Suspected Financial Abuse.
Your primary responsibility is to determine the legitimacy of transactions, making pay or deny decisions, taking accountability for the entire process from receipt of claim to resolution and closure following Reg E guidelines and NACHA rules. The position includes making outbound calls and receiving inbound calls in order to gather pertinent information.
There will be a five week required training class beginning on the first date of hire. The training schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
Schedule post training will be 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM, with mandatory overtime (typically 2/4 Saturdays a month)
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to research and resolve complex customer issues
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of ATM, ACH, or check fraud/debit card claim processing
- Knowledge and understanding of claims processing: Visa rules and regulations, regulation E, NACHA rules and regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of banking exposure to fraud
- General ledger experience
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
AZ-Chandler: Min: $29,800 Mid: $40,800
AZ-Chandler: 2800 S Price Rd – Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0070719 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top