Financial Crimes Specialist 2
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
The Prevention Contact Center call center is looking for Financial Crimes Specialist 2's to respond to and resolve inquiries and disputes from internal and external customers on risk-related policies and procedures, e.g., deposit verification holds, loss prevention measures, Check and ACH fraud claims and adverse actions taken on consumer and small business deposit accounts.
Duties include: working with customer accounts to resolve customer inquiries, taking fraud actions on accounts, making decision to retain customer relationship, entering information into computer system; documenting corrective measures; resolving routine to complex and difficult customer problems and inquiries.
Successful candidates will work in a fast paced quality oriented work environment. You will be required to use multiple online computer systems with technical proficiency. Strong PC skills are necessary to conduct required research and documentation.
TRAINING SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm, Training Class targeted to start on Monday, 1/7/2019.
WORK SCHEDULE: 11:30AM - 8:30PM weekdays and Saturday 9:00am - 6:00pm. Saturday work is required. Days off will be Sunday and one day during the week.
Our team members play a critical role in our customers' lives; therefore, predictable and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
Work schedule subject to change based on business need.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice
- 1+ year of banking industry experience
- 1+ year of call center experience
- Call center customer service experience in the financial services industry
- Check negotiability experience
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and high pressure phone queue environment
- Ability to troubleshoot common computer problems
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Customer service focus with the ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good PC skills with the aptitude to learn new systems quickly
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with CIV, Hogan, Universal Workstation (UW), and CLAIMS
- Must be able to attend full duration of required training period
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
AL-Homewood: Min: $31,200 Mid: $34,000
AL-Homewood: 200 Wildwood Pkwy - Homewood, AL
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0210224 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Back to top