Financial Crimes Specialist 2
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Consumer Lending, we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
The person in this position:
- Reviews, verifies, and/or identifies customer transactions to detect/ prevent financial crimes activities, policy violations, and suspicious situations in order to mitigate and/or recover losses
- Places outbound calls to the customers to confirm if activity is fraud
- Monitors moderate to complex account activity which requires research that may involve multiple transaction channels
- Uses a variety of sources for information, including online systems and tools/models
- May perform general account handling functions such as close account determination, holds, restraints, etc.
- Documents research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO), and Suspected Financial Abuse
- May contact customers and/or vendors to validate transactions
- Prepares required documentation including Suspicious Activity Reports
- May identify control failures in bank processes, procedures, customer or team member decisions and then categorize losses and assign loss accountability
- Shifts TBD*
WORK SCHEDULE: Need flexibility to work a shift SUN - SAT with hours between 10 am to 11pm - we offer 4-10 shifts or 5-8's
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- Call center experience
- Credit card fraud claims or prevention experience
- Fraud prevention experience
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to research and correspond with customers, responding to their questions and concerns with detailed information
- Ability to research, analyze, and determine a course of action for financial transactions
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Customer service focus with the ability to balance needs of clients, shareholders, and team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of card industry fraud detection or chargebacks
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English.
NC-Charlotte: 8740 Research Dr - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0040824 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top