Financial Crimes Specialist 2
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
The Deposit Transactional Fraud Review team's scope of business is deposit fraud detection and loss mitigation associated with demand deposit accounts. The group uses sophisticated risk systems and models to detect and review suspect accounts, perform in-depth research and, when appropriate, restrict monetary activity and close accounts. Working a variety of report models, our Financial Crimes Specialists evaluate current on-us as well as not on-us account status and item level information to determine whether deposited items will be returned unpaid and analyze unusual monetary activity to determine the level of risk and the appropriate action necessary to mitigate loss. Deposit Transactional Fraud Review also analyzes ATM Fraud risk, ATM adjustments, customer keying errors, Bank by mail deposits and risk model out-sorts to detect and stop fraud. Additionally, we are responsible for loss recovery through set-off and hold harmless agreements with other financial institutions.
This position is responsible for reviewing, verifying and/or identifying customer transactions to detect/prevent financial crimes activities, policy violations and suspicious situations in order to mitigate and/or recover losses. Monitors and reviews more complex account activity requiring research that involves multiple transaction channels and products. Uses a variety of sources for information, including multiple online systems and more complex tools/models. Document research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO) and Suspected Financial Abuse. May contact a variety of sources to gather information; may contact customers and/or vendors to verify transactions; may analyze account information for close account determination. May identify control failures in bank processes, procedures, customer or team member decisions and then categorize losses and assign loss accountability. Reviews more complex/unique situations with senior department staff. May participate in projects.
Tues-Fri 2p-11p and Sat 9a-6p
Tu, Wed, Fri 10a-9p and Sat 7a-6p
may qualify for a 15% shift differential based on company policy
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice
- 1+ year of check negotiability experience
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crime, fraud, or risk management
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Hogan experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Customer service focus with the ability to analyze, research, and respond to customer and/or internal partner issues and complaints
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0017386 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Back to top