Financial Crimes Specialist 2
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI), we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels, and Innovation including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
The ATM/Debit Card Claims (ADCC) group located in Roanoke, Virginia is responsible for the investigation and resolution of customer disputes on Visa Debit Card transactions.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates who can demonstrate excellent communication skills, decision making skills, and research skills to become part of a dynamic team providing exceptional customer service.
Successful candidates can work well in a fast paced, quality oriented work environment. This position requires the review and resolution of ATM/Debit Card Non-Fraud claims that have been filed by our customers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Research and analyze complex transactions, claims and documentation using multiple online systems with technical proficiency.
- Gathering pertinent information to process and resolve claims by communicating with customers and merchants to determine the outcome of a dispute.
- Use Visa and Regulation E guidelines to recover funds for customers in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary to conduct thorough questionnaires while documenting and researching all required information to assist the customer in resolving their claim.
- The nature of claims handled can be complex; therefore, direct communication with customers and merchants is often required to resolve customer disputes.
This position will start on October 2, 2017. Your success in this position is critical especially during the first five weeks of paid training held Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 5:30PM. During this period we have high expectations for your attendance. Once training is completed, the schedule you were hired for will be effective.
Training: Monday through Friday 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Schedule: Monday through Friday 9:30AM - 6:30PM
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice
- General ledger experience
- Ability to resolve and work through escalated and complex customer issues
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding Regulation E
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of VISA operating rules and chargeback guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of ATM, debit card fraud, and non-fraud claims management
VA-Roanoke: 7711 Plantation Rd - Roanoke, VA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0165949 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top