Financial Crimes Spec 4
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
The Compliance Department consists of Advisory, Control Room, and Central Compliance Teams which provide Compliance support to multiple wholesale lines across the Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
About the Role
This position will be working with the Wells Fargo Financial Crimes Risk Management Team within the Commercial Capital Risk Organization. The Financial Crimes Analyst will report to a Financial Crimes Supervisor / Financial Crime Manager within EGS Delivery
- Conducting Know your Customer (KYC) Compliance process for Commercial Real Estate in line with the requirements of the USA Patriot Act as well as Wells Fargo corporate AML / BSA policy requirements.
- Analyze risks on escalated, referred, or alerted negative news. Communicate negative findings to lines of business and supply guidance on course of action.
- Identifying and researching the patterns, trends and anomalies in transactional and customer data to detect, prevent, mitigate and report suspicious activity related to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Review Customer Due Diligence information for accuracy and investigate discrepancies.
- Identify Higher Risk clients and obtain Enhanced Due Diligence where appropriate.
- Analyze potentially suspicious activity, which will require the review of historical activity along with customer information.
- Interact with compliance representatives to assess potential unusual activity.
- Maintain program and procedures, making updates as needed.
- Assist as needed with examinations and/or audits.
Market Skills and Certifications
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, criminal justice, fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or investigations of financial crimes or policy violations; experience in the foregoing Operational Risk Management processes and / or Compliance or Audit Programs of a banking back office operations.
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of BSA/AML programs including all aspects of KYC and / or other related risk and regulatory disciplines.
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of management and functional groups.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously.
- Sound analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and a broad background in Wholesale Banking.
- Experience in Operational risk management processes and/or compliance and / or audit and / or regulatory programs with KYC Duties.
- On-boarding KYC customer processing or Financial Crimes Investigations experience strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of CIP/CDD/EDD requirements .
- Excellent communication and relationship/partnership building skills.
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or economics.
Back to top