Financial Crimes Spec 3
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG), we’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what’s needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
Enhanced Fraud Detection Operations is responsible for working production strategies, enhancing newly created prevention strategies and Financial Crimes Specialists may have the opportunity of piloting new strategies. EFD Operations work closely with the EFD Strategy team, whose capabilities include research and development, fraud prevention creation and modification, loss trending and analysis, and network detection.
Reviews, verifies and/or identifies customer transactions to detect/prevent financial crimes activities, policy violations and/or suspicious situations in order to mitigate and/or recover losses. Monitors and reviews more complex account activity and claims requiring research that may involve multiple transaction channels and products. Uses a variety of sources for information, including multiple online systems and more complex tools/models. Document research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO) and Suspected Financial Abuse. May contact a variety of sources to gather information; may contact customers and/or vendors to verify transactions; may analyze account information for close account determination. May identify control failures in bank processes, procedures, customer or team member decisions and then categorize losses and assign loss accountability. Reviews more complex /unique situations with senior department staff. May participate in projects.
40 hours per week. Multiple positions open. We can offer some flexibility with schedule within posted hours.
Monday – Friday 2:30pm – 11:00pm
Sunday – Thursday 2:30pm – 11:00pm
Tuesday – Saturday; Tues – Fri 2:00pm – 10:30pm and Saturday 9:30am – 6:00pm
Tuesday – Saturday; Tues – Fri 1:00pm – 10:30pm and Saturday 4 hours schedule within hours of 6am and 4pm.
Flexibility with schedule is required. Must be willing to work additional hours based on business need.
Some schedules may qualify for a 15% shift differential based on company policy.
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice
- 1+ year of financial crimes experience
- 1+ year of check negotiability experience
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Ability to take an active role in the education, mentoring and training of less experienced team members
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of the UW (Universal Workstation) system
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to effectively respond to inquiries or escalated issues
Other Desired Qualifications
Experience with Hogan, RE, OIB, Word, intranet and internet
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0077466 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top