Financial Crimes Consultant 3
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate (CRE), an industry leader, provides a comprehensive platform of financing and banking solutions to regional and national owners, operators and developers, public and private REITs, and real estate investment management and private equity firms. The CRE Risk Management team provides risk management support and oversight for the multiple lines of business within CRE.
This position is on the CRE Financial Crimes Risk team. The Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) and Escalations Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Understands, validates and tracks customer data including risk scores derived from the bank's automated risk scoring solutions. Interacts with Bank stakeholders to solicit information essential to the risk rating process
- Collects and maintains lists of high risk customers and others as required
- Assists in preparations for audits, testing reviews, or regulatory examinations responding to the EDD/Escalations component of these reviews. Assists with the resolution of any issues, findings and/or recommendations
- Participates in special projects related to client onboarding, EDD/KYC, and AML
- Assists in overseeing the periodic high-risk customer reviews ensuring that these are executed in accordance with deadlines and that the work product adequately identifies and mitigates any risk identified
- Participates and/or conducts training presentations and exercises with LOBs regarding the periodic high risk client review processes, relationship memo development, and others as directed
- Any other tasks and projects, as required
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance; or a BS/BA degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, or criminal justice, with 2+ years of experience in the foregoing
- Knowledge and understanding of Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations
- Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) experience
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to work cohesively and collaborate with analytic functions throughout the organization
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crimes investigation
- Knowledge and understanding of risk assessment report creation
- Project management experience
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to track and monitor project progress, identify project and process gaps, recommend controls and communicate progress to business leaders
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
•Strong knowledge of government and regulatory requirements regarding BSA/AML/KYC/CDD in a financial services setting.
•An in-depth understanding of Wholesale banking, AML risks and sanctions risks across products, services, customers, and geographies serviced by CRE.
•Strong technology skills and demonstrated ability to understand data flows, system enhancement processes and data management.
•ACAMS and/or other relevant project management accreditation.
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7000 Vista Drive - West Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
UT-Salt Lake City: 299 S Main St - Salt Lake City, UT
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0059539 WHOLESALE BANKING
Back to top