Financial Crimes Consultant 3
SLI Risk Management provides risk management support and oversight for Asset Backed Finance and the six lines of business within Specialized Lending and Investment; Community Lending & Investment, Commercial Mortgage Servicing, Corporate Trust Services, Real Estate Capital Markets; Wells Fargo Multi Family Capital, and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance.
This position is on the SLI Risk Financial Crimes Team and will report directly to the hiring manager.
Key responsibilities are:
- Periodic Review and Refresh of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) information
- Maintenance of Customer Identification Program (CIP) data, including customer nam, country of incorporation, registered address, Tax ID number or unique government ID
- Updates to certain aspects fot eh Customer Due Diligecne information.
- Retention of supporting documentation to maintain an audit traif of the periodic review/refresh work performed
- Review Customer Due Diligence information for accuracy and investigate discrepancies.
- Must have the ability to dissect complex organizational structures to complete due diligence.
- Identify Higher Risk clients and obtain Enhanced Due Diligence where appropriate.
- Analyze potentially suspicious activity, which will require the review of historical activity along with customer information.
- Provide opinions and advice to LOB related to BSA/AML/OFAC coverage and potential risks/areas of focus.
- Responsible for assisting with the implementation and monitoring of a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in and provides compliance support for projects and initiatives with low to high risk to identify, assess and mitigate BSA/AML risk in business activities.
- Coordinate regulatory changes and impacts to the businesses
- Analyze risks on escalated, referred, or alerted negative news. Communicate negative findings to lines of business and supply guidance on course of action.
Tasks require coordination of information among various operational areas and customer bases using multiple online systems.
A successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, corporate policies, and SLI business groups.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance; or a BS/BA degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, or criminal justice, with 2+ years of experience in the foregoing
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of BSA/AML programs including all aspects of KYC and / or other related risk and regulatory disciplines
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of management and functional groups
- Proven leadership, exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
- Sound analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in risk assessment, reputation and operational risk management or control functions
- Thorough understanding of CIP/CDD/EDD requirements
- WF AML/Sanctions Credential, ACAMS, CFE or CRCM designation
- Exposure to regulatory controls in a financial services environment
- Ability to be objective and capable of independent challenge
- Knowledge of SLST industries and products
- Strong analytical, presentation and critical reasoning skills
- Ability to quickly gain understanding of internal controls of previously unfamiliar areas
- Ability to focus on details while constantly keeping the big picture in mind
- Excellent communication and relationship/partnership building skills
- Proven ability in achieving success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment and possess a high level of drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to influence and drive for results and process improvement
- Experience in reporting risk findings and preparing written risk analyses
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to negotiate with numerous parties and reach agreeable solutions.
- Proficiency in SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience as a collaborator who has built successful relationships and influenced across the business lines.
- Computer proficiency including databases, and an understanding of banking systems and software. Demonstrated interest in technology based systems and surveillance programs.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0058209 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top