Financial Controls & Oversight Senior Consultant-Regulatory Reporting
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Wells Fargo's is seeking to expand its International Quality Assurance team through the recruitment of a senior consultant. The senior consultant will play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining an International Quality Assurance program, the objective of which is to enhance the integrity of regulatory and risk reporting processes across non-US jurisdictions.
Compliance & Quality Assurance is a centralised team within Enterprise Finance organisation, operates as a second line of defence over the regulatory and risk report production processes subject to BCBS 239 requirements. The team is an integral part of the Company's control environment and provides credible challenge to relevant participants in the reporting processes. Quality Assurance has enterprise-wide exposure to lines of business, regulatory and risk reporting stakeholders as well as the external financial reporting and regulatory reporting infrastructures and frequently coordinates with internal audit.
This individual will lead and partner with other leads to continue the advancement of a comprehensive testing program for critical risk and regulatory reports, and be responsible for executing a testing plan for a specific set of products and/or reports.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Within established timeframes, organize and execute an annual testing plan to ensure Wells Fargo's international regulatory returns meet the current and future expectations of our regulators
- Managing and maintaining relationships with key line of business contacts
- Partnering with business partners to understand the environment and related initiatives to develop appropriate and complementary testing procedures
- Communicating findings to key stakeholders timely and drafting written reports of findings
- Consulting with issue owners as they complete comprehensive root cause analysis and remediation plans for issues identified
- Monitoring new and emerging regulatory and risk related guidance and issues, to actively incorporate into review programs as appropriate
The successful candidate will be a team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results.
The candidate will have significant experience of prudential regulation, in particular Basel 3 regulatory rules and should have a good understanding of audit testing methodologies. Candidates with experience in preparing or reviewing regulatory returns including COREP, LCR, Recovery Planning, ICAAP and ILAAP etc. are encouraged to apply.
The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges, and adapt accordingly.
Market Skills and Certifications
Skills & Experience required
- A BS/BA degree or higher;
- A professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, CIMA or ACCA;
- Big four public accounting experience is required;
- Financial services experience;
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Experience presenting technical concepts to senior leaders
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment;
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed team including both on-shore and off-shore locations;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability;
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important;
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills;
- Prior experience involving bank regulatory agencies is desirable
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Parth P.Underwriter, Supply Chain Finance
Parth works in Wells Fargo’s asset-based lending division. He focuses on analyzing a company’s inventory and accounts receivable to assess what type of financing the bank could offer them.
Back to top