Financial Controls & Oversight Senior Consultant - Issue Management and Reporting
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company's shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
The Issue Management & Reporting Senior Consultant will be part of a team focused on financial reporting issues impacting the areas of SEC, Regulatory, Broker Dealer, Risk and International reporting. The successful candidate will have responsibility for oversight of issue management activities in these areas and establishing collaborative working relationships with key partners and stakeholders. Successful candidate will be articulate, possess a demonstrated leadership capability, and have strong inter-personal effectiveness.
- Provide credible challenge of issue risk levels, root cause identification, financial reporting impact and the appropriateness of remediation actions and timelines to issues impacting financial reporting risk
- Monitor the progress of remediation actions taken to resolve known issues impacting financial reporting, escalating to senior management as applicable
- Evaluate control related issues to provide input on the evaluation of severity of control deficiencies
- Analyze populations of control related issues to identify thematic or emerging control related issue trends
- Report thematic issue and remediation trends associated with COSO impactful issues to senior management and enterprise level governance committees
- Liaise with control executive, group issue management and risk management partners across the enterprise on issue management activities
- Provide timely communication and training on Issue Management Policy requirements across EC&O as well as to business and risk partners
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Big four public accounting experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
Other Desired Qualifications
- International regulatory reporting exposure
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top