Financial Controls & Oversight Lead Consultant - Regulatory Reporting
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
Wells Fargo's is seeking to expand its International Quality Assurance team through the recruitment of a lead consultant. The lead consultant will play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining an International Quality Assurance program, the objective of which is to enhance the integrity of regulatory and risk reporting processes across non-US jurisdictions.
Compliance & Quality Assurance is a centralised team within Enterprise Finance organisation, operates as a second line of defence over the regulatory and risk report production processes subject to BCBS 239 requirements. The team is an integral part of the Company's control environment and provides credible challenge to relevant participants in the reporting processes. Quality Assurance has enterprise-wide exposure to lines of business, regulatory and risk reporting stakeholders as well as the external financial reporting and regulatory reporting infrastructures and frequently coordinates with internal audit.
This role holder will report to the International Quality Assurance manager and will lead a team of individuals with responsibility for the end-to-end testing of multi-jurisdictional regulatory returns within scope of the Governance & Oversight Framework.
Role holder responsibilities will include:
- Within the established timeframes, strategically organize and execute an annual testing plan to ensure Wells Fargo's international regulatory returns meet the current and future expectations of our regulators
- Lead coordination of testing with business partners throughout the organization
- Develop the knowledge of team members to ensure the organization's continued capability to meet the expectations set out in the Governance & Oversight Framework
- Lead discussions with internal and external auditors and lines of business partners on ongoing testing issues and themes
- Ongoing communication of testing status to impacted parties and peer testing teams (e.g. Business COSO team)
- Monitor new and emerging regulatory and risk related guidance and issues, to actively incorporate into Quality Assurance testing program as appropriate
The successful candidate will be a team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results.
The candidate will have extensive experience of prudential regulation, in particular Basel 3 regulatory rules and should have a good understanding of audit testing methodologies. Candidates with experience in preparing or reviewing regulatory returns including COREP, LCR, Recovery Planning, ICAAP and ILAAP etc. are encouraged to apply.
The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges, and adapt accordingly.
Market Skills and Certifications
Skills & Experience required
- A BS/BA degree or higher;
- A professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, CIMA or ACCA;
- Big four public accounting experience is required;
- Financial services experience;
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Experience presenting technical concepts to senior leaders
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment;
- Experience leading a geographically dispersed team including both on-shore and off-shore locations;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability;
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top