Financial Consultant 5
Let's talk about building a rewarding career
You've got the passion. You've got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you'll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories .
Liquidity Risk Management
The Liquidity Risk Management team is housed within Corporate Treasury, which is part of the Corporate Finance organization. The team maintains the Corporate Liquidity Policy and contingency funding plans, produces liquidity stress testing and liquidity risk information for regulatory purposes, executive management, and the Board of Directors, and interacts with regulatory agencies on liquidity risk topics. In addition, the team is in the midst of a number of projects designed to increase our intraday liquidity risk management capabilities and MIS.
Intraday Liquidity Management is a function housed within Liquidity Risk Management and is specifically responsible for all areas involved intraday flows throughout the enterprise. This includes the overall governance model, frameworks and policies for intraday liquidity, intraday tools, successful delivery of intraday components of multiple regulatory deliverables including Recovery and Resolution Planning and SR 14-1 as well as any technology enhancements related to intraday liquidity.
Intraday Liquidity Management is seeking a talented, driven and hardworking individual that will be responsible for multiple functions within the buildout of the intraday liquidity function. The position's primary responsibility is intraday liquidity risk management including assisting with the design and implementation of intraday liquidity risk management technology enhancement. Ultimately the system will include the capture of real-time payment and securities settlement data, the forecast of same-day consolidated and legal entity intraday cash positions based on historical analysis and same-day notifications, the monitoring of consolidated and legal entity cash positions against those forecasts, the optimization of intraday usage including payment tiering and potential throttling of payments, and the tracking and reporting of intraday cash usage.
Additionally, the position will assist with any related dependencies to the technology solution including reporting, analytics, tracking, monitoring, alert functions and all the follow up and daily oversight surrounding these deliverables.
Key elements of this position include:
- Working with key Business Lines, Corporate Treasury, Cash Management, and Operations groups to identify intraday inflows and outflows, including for each material legal entity.
- Assisting with the design, implementation, and management of a centralized intraday liquidity risk management system.
- Assist with the optimization of processes to decrease intraday liquidity risks.
- Expanding the liquidity risk management policies and limits to more fully incorporate optimized intraday payment, settlement, and cash management operations.
- Assistance in developing and executing plans to ensure we comply with emerging regulations (SR14-1, BCBS, and Reg YY) and ongoing examinations on intraday liquidity risk management, as well as support Resolution and Recovery Planning efforts.
- Occasionally interact with regulators to demonstrate our compliance, and remedy their concerns.
- Assist in the development of intraday liquidity strategies to improve intraday liquidity usage in normal operating conditions and in times of stress.
- Preparation of additional ad-hoc analyses/presentations and completing special projects within tight deadlines.
- 8+ years of finance experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- A Master's degree or higher
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry associated regulatory standards and agencies
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) skills
- Process documentation experience
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry front office trading, liquidity management, and risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Knowledge and understanding of technology project management: in the banking/financial industry
- Knowledge and understanding of treasury management industry: asset liability management (ALM), liquidity management, and stress testing
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: leading a major initiative
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0049521 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top