Financial Consultant 5
Let's talk about building a rewarding career
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories .
The Liquidity Risk Management Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with financial analysis experience. The Liquidity Risk Management Group is part of Corporate Treasury within Wells Fargo Corporate Finance and is responsible for analysis and management of liquidity risk and all related reporting to WFC Senior Management, the Board of Directors and Regulators. This position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo's balance sheet and add value to the company's risk management practices.
Liquidity management for the firm has become much more complex and regulatory expectations have increased. WFC Treasury is in the midst of a large series of projects designed to increase our liquidity management MIS, stress testing, reporting, and forecasting capabilities.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with significant financial services industry, accounting, reporting, and/or risk management experience. She/he will have a demonstrated track record of attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. She/he will be able to work independently, be highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges.
Key elements of this position include:
- Assisting in the build-out and production of Resolution related liquidity stress tests.
- Enhancing assumptions related the firm's internal liquidity stress tests and Resolution related liquidity stress tests.
- Building and documenting the reporting process to ensure compliance with enterprise governance and oversight policy to include COSO requirements.
- Providing complex financial analysis and research in support of management decision-making for consolidated liquidity planning.
- Working with regulators to demonstrate our compliance, remedy their concerns, etc.
- Preparing ad-hoc analyses/presentations and completing special projects within tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of attention to detail, critical thinking, initiative and problem-solving skills. She/he will be able to work independently, be highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges.
- 8+ years of finance experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry associated regulatory standards and agencies
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry front office trading, liquidity management, and risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of treasury management industry: asset liability management (ALM), liquidity management, and stress testing
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): all phases and types of testing
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- Essbase and/or SmartView experience
- 1+ year of SQL experience
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and data mining techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of database querying and creating ad hoc reporting results using SQL or similar querying methods
- Knowledge and understanding of database management, reporting, and analysis functions
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services or treasury function operations
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience working in a treasury function
- Experience with bank regulatory matters including, but not limited to, Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review, Dodd-Frank, Liquidity Coverage Ratio, Net Stable Funding Ratio, and Resolution & Recovery Planning
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0049521 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top