Financial Consultant 5
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
Enterprise Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company’s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy.
Enterprise Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
This senior level Financial Consultant positon is part of the Liquidity Risk Management Group in Corporate Treasury. The Liquidity Risk Management Group is responsible for analysis and management of liquidity risk and all related reporting to WFC Senior Management, the Board of Directors and Regulators. This position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo’s balance sheet and add value to the company’s risk management practices.
Liquidity management for the firm has become much more complex and regulatory expectations have increased. WFC Treasury is in the midst of a large series of projects designed to increase our liquidity management MIS, stress testing, reporting, and forecasting capabilities.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with significant financial services industry, accounting, reporting, and/or risk management experience. She/he will have a demonstrated track record of attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. She/he will be able to work independently, be highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges.
Key elements of this position include:
- Assisting in the build-out and production of Resolution related liquidity stress tests.
- Managing data processes to support compliance with emerging regulations on liquidity management and stress testing.
- Interfacing with product subject matter experts and IT Support to identify, track, and remediate data limitations which prevent the accurate or complete reporting of the liquidity stress tests.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the reporting data, and managing the process from initiation through to implementation.
- Building and documenting the reporting process to ensure compliance with enterprise governance and oversight policy to include COSO requirements.
- Providing complex financial analysis and research in support of management decision-making for consolidated liquidity planning.
- Working with regulators to demonstrate our compliance, remedy their concerns, etc.
- Preparing ad-hoc analyses/presentations and completing special projects within tight deadlines.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of attention to detail, critical thinking, initiative and problem-solving skills. She/he will be able to work independently, be highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges.
- 8+ years of finance experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry associated regulatory standards and agencies
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry front office trading, liquidity management, and risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of treasury management industry: asset liability management (ALM), liquidity management, and stress testing
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): all phases and types of testing
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- Essbase and/or SmartView experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with bank regulatory matters including, but not limited to, Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review, Dodd-Frank, Liquidity Coverage Ratio, Net Stable Funding Ratio, and Resolution & Recovery Planning
- 2+ years of experience working in a treasury function
- Knowledge and understanding of database management, reporting, and analysis functions
- Knowledge and understanding of database querying and creating ad hoc reporting results using TSQL or similar querying methods
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and data mining techniques
- 1+ year of SQL experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top