Financial Consultant 3
You have a proven track record of success but you're looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you'll find that opportunity. You'll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services through more than 8,600 locations, 13,000 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
Wells Fargo has approximately 273,000 team members in 42 countries and territories across our more than 90 businesses.
At the end of first quarter 2017, Wells Fargo ranked third in assets among U.S. banks.
Corporate Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
Liquidity management for the firm has become more complex and regulatory expectations have increased. WFC Treasury is in the midst of a large series of projects designed to increase our liquidity management MIS, stress testing, reporting, and forecasting capabilities.
The Liquidity Risk Management Group is looking for a highly motivated individual, with financial services industry and financial analysis/reporting experience, to support enterprise wide liquidity analysis.
The Financial Consultant position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo's balance sheet and add value to the company's risk management practices.
- Daily analysis and reporting of the firm's $400B+ Investment Securities portfolio; with a focus on understanding changes in the portfolio for those securities considered to be high-quality liquid assets.
- Using and developing stress testing tools to liquidate the investment securities portfolio in a time of liquidity stress which will be used for internal risk management and resolution and recovery planning analyses.
- Working with data providers to enhance data quality and availability to assist in automating data management.
- Establishing requirements to improve reporting in the data mart and to complete testing of implementation.
- Collaborate in a team environment to enhance efficiency of Risk Management processes.
- Preparation of additional ad-hoc analyses/presentations and completing special projects within tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of attention to detail, and critical thinking. They will possess excellent collaboration and organization skills, with the proven ability to develop cross-functional relationships and the capability to manage to deadlines. She/he will be able to work independently, be highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges.
- 4+ years of finance experience
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge and understanding of fixed income securities, bonds, collateralized mortgage obligations (CMO), Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS), and Residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS)
- 2+ years of securities industry experience
- Financial analysis or accounting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Knowledge and understanding of treasury management industry: asset liability management (ALM), liquidity management, and stress testing
- Knowledge and understanding of database querying and creating ad hoc reporting results using TSQL or similar querying methods
- Experience with general ledgers and accounting policies
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0049521 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top