Financial Consultant 3
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Corporate Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company’s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy.
Corporate Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
ABF is a division of the Wholesale Group within Wells Fargo. The ABF group provides innovative structured financing solutions to clients through 5 specialty financing teams. Their asset types vary from commercial operating asset (i.e., corporate real estate, energy, and equipment), mortgage (residential and commercial), middle market loans, and consumer (auto, student loans and credit cards) related asset groups. Product coverage includes loans to special-purpose entities, leveraged lease assets, and corporate and structured finance credit default swaps.
The Financial Consultant will provide accounting and finance support to various Asset-Backed Finance (ABF) Group business lines.
Core responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Primary responsibilities will include production of daily P&L’s both GAAP and economic-oriented, P&L attribution analysis, price verification analysis, assisting with the month-end close process, forecasting, and process improvement via potential automation.
- Position will require a good finance and accounting background along with the ability to understand the internal
- system infrastructure in order to help facilitate configuration for new products as the business expands its product mix.
- Must be able to react quickly to changes in product evolution.
- Position is an important interface with business unit managers, but will require frequent communication and teamwork with various groups across the organization including Wells Fargo Management Reporting, Wholesale Finance, SOX, Corporate Accounting, SEC & REG Reporting and External Reporting.
- Frequent ad hoc requests and special analyses. Also responsible for ad hoc management reporting and analysis of business unit activities.
- Additional activities will include providing pricing tools to the business, assisting with the creation of senior management presentations, providing in-depth variance analysis on outlook, plan & prior year, and other special projects & ad-hoc requests as required.
Keys to success in this position:
- Product knowledge of fixed income debt securities as well as sound basis in risk management and GAAP knowledge specifically in FAS 91, 115, and 157.
- Excellent analytical skills and comfort with financial statements and accounting concepts
- Ability to organize and understand volumes of detail and desire to take ownership of activities and functions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must to facilitate interaction with business partners
- 4+ years of finance experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
- Essbase and/or SmartView experience
- 3+ years of financial accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Public accounting experience
- Financial planning and analysis experience
- Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP financial statements or components preparation
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0208309 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top