Financial Consultant 3
You have a proven track record of success but you're looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you'll find that opportunity. You'll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Corporate Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company's balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy.
Corporate Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
The Liquidity Risk Management Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with financial services industry and Financial Analysis and Reporting experience to support enterprise wide liquidity analysis and reporting.
The Liquidity Risk Management Group is part of Corporate Treasury within Wells Fargo Corporate Finance and is responsible for analysis and management of liquidity risk across the enterprise and all related reporting to WFC Senior Management, the Board of Directors and Regulators.
The Financial Consultant position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo's balance sheet and add value to the company's risk management practices.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist in the aggregation and review of consolidated inputs for the firm's deposits and other liability positions to the Federal Reserve via the FR2052A submission.
- Providing complex financial analysis and research in support of management decision-making for consolidated liquidity planning primarily related to the firm's Deposits.
- Managing data processes to support compliance with emerging regulations on liquidity management and stress testing.
- Researching and enhancing reliability of liquidity related data across the firm.
- Identifying and implementing solutions related to complex liquidity issues and contribute to on-going strategic decisions within Treasury and company-wide.
- Working with regulators to demonstrate our compliance, remedy their concerns, etc.
- Preparation of additional ad-hoc analyses/presentations and completing special projects within tight deadlines.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and execution of Governance & Oversight framework documentation and controls including reconciliation and variance analysis.
- Establishing requirements to improve reporting in the data mart and to complete testing of implementation.
- Assisting in further development of proprietary reporting tools and testing of implementation of improvements/enhancements.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of attention to detail, and critical thinking. They will possess excellent collaboration and organization skills, with the proven ability to develop cross-functional relationships and the capability to manage to deadlines. She/he will be able to work independently, be highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges.
- 4+ years of finance experience
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database designing schema, stored procedures, and views for performance with large data sets
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret large datasets
- Hyperion Essbase experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Essbase Finance tools for client reporting and analysis
- SQL experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition) experience
- Knowledge and understanding of OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition)
- Ability to research and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Exposure to Wells Fargo General Ledger systems
- Ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations
- Ability to prepare management level presentations
- Reporting experience
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
- Risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Excellent technical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in Liquidity, Capital Markets or other Corporate Treasury functions with a bank or other financial services firm
- Knowledge and understanding of Liquidity based regulatory reporting requirements: FR2052A ("5G"), Liquidity Coverage Ratio, Net Stable Funding Ratio and/or Contingency Funding Plan
- Broad understanding of Deposits
- Direct experience in financial reporting of large amounts of data with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Direct experience in building and using IT solutions for managing large amounts of data
- Direct experience managing processes to collect, refine and report data on a periodic schedule to senior management
- Experience with governance and oversight requirements for regulatory and risk reporting
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0049521 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top